GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS 510 - Premium Bluetooth

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Just wondering maverick are the voice commands to navigate through the options, and/or do you to still save voice tags on the phone itself for voice dialling?

You can save numbers in the car along with a voice tag to dial.

You can dial a number, redial and so forth as well.

Surprising that the phone button on the wheel doesn't work to place/answer calls. Is it only the vw parrot that does it?

You do this via the RNS510 or the MFD, the phone button is used with the wired in car kit or the optional cradle for the bluetooth.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Ahh i see. That's why the phone button doesn't work with the connects2/alpine either as the CANBUS mustn't support it etc?.

Mark4323

GTI Blue Graphite | DSG |
I finally got the configuration done for the MFD to work and the voice dialling. The voice dialling is cool.

When the phone rings and the MDF displays 'Accept' and 'Reject' the up/down buttons will move between the two but what button do you use to 'Accept'? I tried OK but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Could someone advise?

Also, this one is a bit odd. With my cruise control, pressing either the accelerator or brake pedal would cancel the cruise control. Since I've had the coding doen for the phone only the brake pedal will cancel it. i read the manual and it says that only the brake pedal will cancel it. What do other cars do?

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
Cruise control:

While the CC is on...you can use the accelerator to increase your speed. When you lift off, the CC will ensure the car reverts back to the last setting...i.e. the car will slow to the speed you had set. Touching the brake will cancel the CC immediately. Touching the "resume" button of the CC will make the car accelerate back to the last set speed.

Comprende?

Mark4323

Cruise control:

While the CC is on...you can use the accelerator to increase your speed. When you lift off, the CC will ensure the car reverts back to the last setting...i.e. the car will slow to the speed you had set. Touching the brake will cancel the CC immediately. Touching the "resume" button of the CC will make the car accelerate back to the last set speed.

Comprende?

I understand that. However, prior to the coding touching the accelerator would also cancel it. I was wondering if anyone elses car worked like that.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
Mark...IMHO, your CC was not setup correctly, if touching the accelerator (previously) caused your CC to cancel.

However, to answer your question, mine is not set-up like that^^^....the accelerator does not cancel the CC>

Mark4323

When the phone rings and the MDF displays 'Accept' and 'Reject' the up/down buttons will move between the two but what button do you use to 'Accept'? I tried OK but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Could someone advise?

Logzy

Ready to race!

Could someone advise?

The "OK" button is what i use and it works fine.

Mark4323

The "OK" button is what i use and it works fine.

Thanks Logzy. Perhaps they still haven't coded it correctly.