GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacing the brake line...

altezza3363

Ready to race!
A month ago the abs control module failed and sadly I F'ed the flare nuts up. I tried to re-flare the old brake line but it didn't work so well and I feel like the only option I have is to replace the brake line. It was the one that on the side closer to the front of the car. Does anyone know what is that brake line connects to and how the brake line layout be like? Any help would be much appreciated:bow:

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
Is it the one on top and closest to the front of the car? If so that runs directly to the master cylinder iirc along with the top back one and they are the easiest to change. You can buy both module to master cylinder lines for like $30-40 on ebay used. The other 4 run to the calipers.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
There might be slight differences in the lines for FSI and TSI engines. I know the FSI ones have a metal braided flex portion for the module to master lines but the TSI ones don't, but they still might fit eatch other.

altezza3363

Ready to race!
^Big thanks to both of you. The one I need to replace was on the side closest to the front of the car. From that diagram, I think its the 19 which connects to somewhere idk lol

bowerhour4334

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Do the shop and your self a favor and just pull the line out. It will save a LOT of time on both ends, saving you money on labor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk