GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Front and Rear Brake Upgrade - Save $350 from ECS

iceberq

pewpew
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG/CW/APR
We have these kits under 1,000.00 within next few weeks. All OEM with the options of sport rotors and pads.

YGPM, definitely interested in rear kit.

we have a great special on brake lines for golfmk5 members. $90 shipped for all 4 lines. R32, GTI, S3, A3 we have them all. We also sell just front or rears if you are interested in that.

I'll be contacting you soon for lines, thanks!

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
FYI, if you order parts from Paul@keffervw

HERE: http://www.keffervw.com/?http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215844

and add the promo code: vortex at checkout you get 27% off list price

You could easily end up saving an extra couple hundred. It's by far the cheapest place to get oem products for your car (when using the promo code)

Just tryied doing the same shop list from there, and even with the promo code is more expensive than genuinevwaudiparts for something like... 17 bucks

BUT... you can save another 8 bucks in rotors from keffer vw using the vortex code

this is only on the front brakes setup, I'm too lazy to try the rears after the results

NOTE: The price seems lower because the brake lines and pads are not included

Attachments

• shoplist.jpg
    shoplist.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 2,136

GTIWV

WV VW
wow, they are a shitload more expensive than anywhere else. You can get it for almost $70 cheaper from cioccaparts.com

and you dont have to use some 'discount code'

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
The rear stock GTI splash shields can be bent back a bit and work fine with R32 rotors.

If the savings isn't significant the kits from ECS are complete and save time fooling around.

DaemonVrs

Hi guys ,
Did anyone measure the stock gti rear caliper piston and the R32/S3 piston , is there any difference between the two calipers except color ??
The seem to have the same part number so if they are the same why buy the R32/S3 ones , you could save some money.

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Hi guys ,
Did anyone measure the stock gti rear caliper piston and the R32/S3 piston , is there any difference between the two calipers except color ??
The seem to have the same part number so if they are the same why buy the R32/S3 ones , you could save some money.

You're right, the caliper seems to be the same, and only the carrier is different which is kind of funny because on ECS the GTI conversion kit for Rabbit's rear brakes include only the rotor, and carriers but not the caliper, so I wonder what's the deal with this

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
You're right, the caliper seems to be the same, and only the carrier is different which is kind of funny because on ECS the GTI conversion kit for Rabbit's rear brakes include only the rotor, and carriers but not the caliper, so I wonder what's the deal with this

They are not the same, the rear R32 rotor is significantly wider since its vented, and the caliper and its mounting bracket are designed to accommodate it. Not to mention the rear R32 rotor is nearly same size as stock GTI front. The calipers look similar though.

I have R32's at all 4 corners on my GTI w/RB 2 piece rotors up front, its a kick ass setup for OEM.

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
They are not the same, the rear R32 rotor is significantly wider since its vented, and the caliper and its mounting bracket are designed to accommodate it. Not to mention the rear R32 rotor is nearly same size as stock GTI front. The calipers look similar though.

I have R32's at all 4 corners on my GTI w/RB 2 piece rotors up front, its a kick ass setup for OEM.

Thanks for clarifying that man :thumbsup:
That's the brake setup I want to get when I finish paying the car next year, gotta start saving.

Did you had to adjust anything via vagcom?
I recall seeing a thread where someone said that the ABS starts acting up unless you tell the car that it has R32 brakes