GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about Pulleys..!

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
Do you have any information about this item. I located one on ECS's website and was considering the purchase. For those of you who have this or one like it, what are the major benefits that you have noticed? Can you tell me if there are any negatives? The price is actually very attractive at only $140 as well.

Thank you

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
BTW I removed the P-Flow; I felt like I was loosing power. I had a pulley on my FC3S RX back in the day, and I remember there being a marginal improvement with that car.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I'll answer your question in one sentence: you don't need a pulley because the stock one is harmonically balanced which is very important and you won't gain that much power from one anyway since your alternator will be sucking less than 1HP and the AC compressor will use practically none if you have it turned off like it does automatically under WOT or like you should do manually when driving hard.

Oh and you're stage 1 so you'll gain big power by taking your money and getting a catless downpipe for the same amount. There's one on the classifieds now for like $70.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah the lightweight pulley is a waste of money. It also doesn't balance your crank like the OEM harmonic balancer does and that's not good. It allows for a faster Rev than the OEM but the fluidampr balances your crank and allows the engine to Rev faster. Also helps with shifts a lot! If you are deadset on a pulley I would only get the fluidampr. Otherwise spend your money on something you will actually gain from like downpipe and stage 2. Don't get me wrong, the fluidampr is definitely one of my favorite things I've done but unless you have everything else done I'd hold off.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Is this for your CC? I have one, south of Macon.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have a lightweight pulley. I would say it is one of those parts you really do not need. Nothing bad comes from having it is my experience. I really didn't notice a difference following its install and if I had kept the oem pulley I probably would have reinstalled it. Mine is oem diameter so there is no under-drive on the other components driven by it.