GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure Warning at low RPMs only

eastsideride

Passed Driver's Ed
It is burning only a bit thank goodness. But I just grabbed a oil pressure tester so I'm going to give that a go on Monday. And then I'll put the new sender on. If that fails I'm either going to pull the pan and check the screen, or have a local euro shop do it

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

maicol1524

HI

Hi bro. Did you find the problem? I'm having the same problem that you, only in low RPM and stop ang go traffic the light comes on, but the engine sounds fine, and when I leave stop and go traffic the light goes off.

thanks I hope you could help me.

2008 GTI 2.0 FSI

This has been going on for a while. It only comes on when I'm in stop and go traffic or pulling into a parking spot right around 1500 RPM. After that it disappears. Its super annoying.

I have a new sender to put on and try but I want to see what others have experienced if they had it like me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PlaidHatter

Insert Witty Title Here
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
Similar issue here too, low oil pressure light comes on but not at low speeds.
Trying to see how much work is involved in dropping the pan and cleaning the pick up screen.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Similar issue here too, low oil pressure light comes on but not at low speeds.
Trying to see how much work is involved in dropping the pan and cleaning the pick up screen.

Everyone of you so far has and a cam follower failure. Odds are some metal got in the system and chewed some things up. It's very possible there is a clog but it doesn't take much debris to cause pump failure.

The low RPM/stop and go traffic conditions lead me to believe it's just a clog. At higher RPM/cruising the pump pulls oil harder and can overcome a mild clog that at low RPM is restricting it enough to cause a low oil pressure condition. The smartest thing for any of you to do is drop the pan and check the pickup tube. If there is nothing there then the issue is more than likely an internal clog on the pump or the pump is failing due to the metal from the failed follower chewing up the internals on the oil pump.