GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

newbie needs help

fckn_nerd

::help:: ::help::
I've got an '08 FSI GTI with APR stage 1 tune and I'm about to start budgeting for my long overdue mods. I'm also kind of an idiot with cars so I need some help. The next phase I want to start with is either intake or DP/exhaust. A new term was sprung on me today while I was searching web which is "turbo back," but the answers I found still left me not positive on what my next step should be.

So, a few questions:
1) Do I need a DP in addition to a turbo back exhaust, or is the DP part of the assembly?
2) Will an exhaust alone really give me HP/torque gains or just sound good?
3) Should the air intake/filter come first, or after the the DP/exhaust; Also, does it even matter?

I know some of this may seem pretty basic to most of you, so please go easy on my lack of knowledge. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

fckn_nerd

good to know. i actually just found a thread in a different forum that basically spelled it out for me. my stage 1 tune is APR, so i was thinking of them for the DP since they upgrade to stage 2 for free. i don't want to get ripped off, or spend unnecessary money. so, again i ask something:

Should I stick with APR or look into other brands? whats your experience??