GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New wheels and tires(autox)

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Pretty wild to hear you guys had the "old" si. I love the electron Si's because of the color. If that car had the new seats and engine, then you would really have something.

daytontp

Ready to race!
Let's drop it 30 mm!

You can not drop (or raise) the car 1mm in the SCCA GS class, unless it drops as a result of some stock alignment adjustment. In GS you are required to use OEM springs, unless the OEM spring is modified due to a TSB or factory Recall there is no way to lower the car.

elfhearse

I plan on A-Xing my stock GTI for the first time in a few weeks. What tire pressure are you starting with? (40 front - 36 rear sound about right?)

DSG might be a PITA too...

dtvburns

Tweek
I am STX also. (Mods are in my sig) I am running 46 psi front and 40 psi rear with Ponza RE 01 Rs, stiff setting on rear sway and "soft" on the front. For Auto X I turn the dampeners to full stiff.

The DSG is great because you have both hands on the wheel at all times. I took a class lass weekend and the instructors where all impressed with the DSG. I did not use launch control at the start because it was a turn. I still burnt enough rubber.

I think you need to find someone with your same tires to get a goos reading on what psi to start with. One of the AutoX expert's in my area said his friend is running 50 psi in the front.

The first pic is of my launching, you can see about $30 of LF tire turning to dust.

The second pic is of me going around a cone at speed. Not much body roll and the tires on the driver side are on the outside of the turn.

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpg
    IMG_4056.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 179
  • normal_IMG_4310.jpg
    normal_IMG_4310.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

elfhearse

Ok, thanks..
since I usually am in 2nd gear going thru most Auto-x courses, wasn't sure if I should run it in Tiptronic (usual drive mod) or put it in S

(Sport mode might be better to keep the revs up in sweeping turns?)

dtvburns

Tweek
I leave mine in S.