GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW Öhlins coilovers

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
I don't think the PSI Ohlins will be $6000+
A similar kit I'm getting from them for my S4 is only ~$4500 and it uses TTX on front and rear. The MkV kit uses external canister dampers in the front to reduce costs so I'd imagine they will be around the same price. I'll post once I hear more details from PSI.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
I don't think the PSI Ohlins will be $6000+
A similar kit I'm getting from them for my S4 is only ~$4500 and it uses TTX on front and rear. The MkV kit uses external canister dampers in the front to reduce costs so I'd imagine they will be around the same price. I'll post once I hear more details from PSI.

Sorry the $6K was just a guess. FYI I got done installing the H2 Ohlins kit just before Bruce posted about the VWS M1100, I post more on golfmk6 but I lurk on the suspension threads here. Although part of me wants the PSI to to be out of my price range, so I won't feel so bad about jumping the gun lol.

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Hahaha, I know what you mean! :bonk:

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
^also, as I know, you pay much tax (vat???) than here, so USD might be lower.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
19 % VAT in Germany. Most EU countries are similar.
Just for income and cars Scandinavian countries have extremely high taxes.

Interestingly while German cars are less expensive in the US, car parts like
coilovers are much more compared to Europe.
For example a Bilstein B14 is about 900,-- €. KW V3, Bilstein B16 and Sachs
Performance are about 1500,-- €.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Bro you're telling me. I'm living in the most expensive city in the world right now. They don't even have to bother to tax when it's $40 just to drive on the dam Wangan. Car parts and night walkers are cheap but that's it. If you wanna drive that car or take her out, you gotta pay.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
It's both bump and rebound similar to Bilstein B16, Sachs Performance and most others
of the Öhlins "Road & Track" range.
You're right though, with most of these the adjustment affect rebound more than bump.
Of course by reason.

Bilstein B16 BMW E46:

another B16:

Bilstein Clubsport (rebound = 'Zugstufe' is on top):

Öhlins:

Volkswagen DCC:

Generally rebound is much greater than bump (usually 3 x) and commonly
almost all companies have a larger rebound variation/bandwidth.

black805

Ready to race!
Thanks, thats real informative. Do you know if the VW Racing Street sport plus or Eibach R1 is comp. and rebound also?
Im looking for an adjustable shock with comp and rebound. I found the Koni yellows to soft on the comp for me and I've sent out my Bilstein sports once to have the high speed comp softened a little but I find they are still to stiff.
So i'm thinking an adj. shock set would give me want I want.
Did I hear Ohlins is no longer offering the shock set? (dfv?)

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
If you convert to remote reservoirs you can make them double adjustable.

GTI_Speed

SteelCities SCCA AutoX
Car(s)
08 GTI
Thanks, thats real informative. Do you know if the VW Racing Street sport plus or Eibach R1 is comp. and rebound also?
Im looking for an adjustable shock with comp and rebound. I found the Koni yellows to soft on the comp for me and I've sent out my Bilstein sports once to have the high speed comp softened a little but I find they are still to stiff.
So i'm thinking an adj. shock set would give me want I want.
Did I hear Ohlins is no longer offering the shock set? (dfv?)

Eibach makes the R2 which I believe has remote reservoirs for the MKV, it's more on a clubsport performance level though. If remote reservoirs are a must I'd talk to someone at Eibach to get a for sure answer. If I had to do it again, I probably would have went with them over the KW Clubsports because the KW's are a bitch to adjust in the rear without having to cut holes.

Here is a link to the vendor I used...
http://thmotorsports.com/i-236111.a...type=pla&kw=&gclid=COu-uKG9u7YCFcyY4AoduzQArQ

blastedmk5

This is one of my favorite threads - I love the informative posts. I would also...Love to have the cash for the Ohlin kit...wow, unbelievable.