GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Help with CEL & Turbo

holyredpenguin

About half a year ago I purchased a used 2008 Stock Mk5 GTI with around 78k miles on it, and after about a month, the check engine light went on. When we plugged it up to VAG-Com, it returned a P0229 Underboost code. The diverter valve has already been replaced with the revision d version. The car has been driving fine with the light on. I was not in the car at the time so I do not know what it was doing when the light went on
Any help on identifying and solving the problem would be much appreciated
Thank You in Advance,
HRP

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
More specifics please. When did you replace the DV? If new, and installed since the problem started, you have to check that the connections of the boost plumbing are sealed. This doesn't mean look at it...need to be hands on and smoke test from throttle body to turbo outlet to confirm there are no leaks or do a pressure test w/gauge and both ends sealed. If leak is found, disconnect, inspect, repair, and resecure the once leaking connection. Once that's done....see if it's fixed. If all was sealed up tightly, you might have a broken or leaking N75 (boost frequency control valve). Probably need to check the solidity of the WG and linkage as well.

SavageGTI

I've had my revision D fail, its rare what happened was the piston part poped off. Another place to check is your boost pipe from the turbo outlet to the intercooler. Its on the passenger side.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk