GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler to quiet down pipe without sacrificing performance?

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm, I just saw an image of the APR DP... it looks like the cat on those is located where my resonator is.

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
"if you're not a good welder..."

It's much worse than that. I have never welded anything in my life! ;)

You see what I was having trouble with -- where do I put the resonator?

I may bring it to a local muffler shop. See what they suggest.

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
I've had great luck adding the Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator. It really does a good job.

Pics? I'm thinking of doing the same with my Neuspeed downpipe. Love the high-flow cat and the CEL-free guarantee with stock ECU but I'd like to quiet down the part-throttle volume. Was looking at their Ultra Quiet and their regular bottle style resonators.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Pics? I'm thinking of doing the same with my Neuspeed downpipe. Love the high-flow cat and the CEL-free guarantee with stock ECU but I'd like to quiet down the part-throttle volume. Was looking at their Ultra Quiet and their regular bottle style resonators.

How do you like the Neuspeed dp? How is the fitment? Sound overall?

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
off topic napa...do your pss tires hold traction in 2nd gear?

Generally, yes they do hold 2nd gear. But it does depend onroad surfaces. Is it flat, bumpy, new asphault, hot, cold, etc.?

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
How do you like the Neuspeed dp? How is the fitment? Sound overall?

Fitment and quality are second to none. It uses the OEM support bracket as well. Didn't like the design of others that didn't use the bracket and just left the weight of the DP hanging on the turbo. CEL-free guaranteed with the high flow cat in the stock location and no spacer.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Fitment and quality are second to none. It uses the OEM support bracket as well. Didn't like the design of others that didn't use the bracket and just left the weight of the DP hanging on the turbo. CEL-free guaranteed with the high flow cat in the stock location and no spacer.
I agree that support bracket is a must.

how's the sound with stock exhaust?