GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Turbo Kit?

Turbo Maniac

Passed Driver's Ed
I've heard from my friend who is a Revo dealer that with Chip, CAI, DV, and TB exhaust they are seeing numbers close to 270 to the wheels. That would be plenty to embarase a stock EVO.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So let me ask you guys this. On our cars what is stage 1 and stage 2. I know on some cars intake is actually part of stage three. Like the WRX you should do the down pipe first. Just wondering if anyone knew and if APR is one of the best to get this stuff from.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
The good thing is the GTI is the nicer, better driving, liveable, grown up looking car.

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Wantagti said:
The good thing is the GTI is the nicer, better driving, liveable, grown up looking car.

Where'd that come from :confused:

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
Oettinger now offers a complete turbo kit for the Mk V GTI. It replaces the intake and exhaust manifolds as well as the turbo. The whole setup with ecu and turbo back exhaust/cat system and intake gets you approximately 310bhp (228kw) and 314lb ft (430nm) torque. The kit is quite pricey at around $10k :eek: but it is Oettinger and quality and reliability is guarenteed.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Do they sell parts of the kit....like exhaust and intake manifolds?

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
no to be exact the car is making 252 and 303 at the wheels with the stage 1 chip now dont forget the evo is making what?? but he has AWD big diff ya they can launch harder but they loose 35% of the power that they make, unlike our cars which only loose 5-10% so you should technically be able to beat a stock evo with just the chip get the exhaust and your defiantly gonna walk on him , but only from a pull, from a line hes gonna beat ya

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
and they weigh a heck of a lot more

fastrabbit

Ready to race!
Oettinger is coming out with a kit for the 2.0 fsi engine soon which will put the Gti in the 300 hp range, I believe at the cranck if I remember... But I believe other aftermarket tuners here in the U.S will start putting out more stuff for these cars soon.

MaliciouS GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
MKVowner said:
Yes, there were other forums, but they were called other things. Here is the official forum for speculation on a turbo kit for the MKV GTI.

It is true that I did speak with APR corporate, and they did tell me that they are having some trouble working with this new FSI motor. They said that because of the direct fuel injection, it makes the kit more complex, and they need more time to figure it out...they said possibly over a year! I dont know if I can wait that long to have my car stuck at 230whp, and 260trq. I need raw power! hehe. I bought this little car to woop some EVO butt, and now i can't.

Does anyone know anything about future turbo kits coming for the MKV's at all? Any help will do.

Check out the new thread i posted about the stage 1 kit: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1981&highlight=stage+turbo+kit

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
THat oettinger kit dosnt cost that much in the USA i was reading a thread yesterday that had a link, said it was less than 3000 installed.

kmi34

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Guys, not for nothing but my car dosn't have any turbo kit and i can easily smoke a stock Evo, even stock WRXs don't have nothing for me... You would be surprised what this engine can do... Today i raced my friend's 04 WRX with the 2.5 liter turbo and this car is very fast, its got 400 to the wheels and he took me i won't say no, but he just got half of car on me, he couldn't walk away that easy... All this thanks to my friend Jonathan at JVR Performance for tunning my car...