dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
thanks for posting!

Lucidity

Marx
How can you tell if it is in FSI mode?

Bochet

Ready to race!
What do you mean FSI mode? I don't know about that at all......

Spirit

Pianist Physicist Duality
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What do you mean FSI mode? I don't know about that at all......

I think it's when the car is in low-load situation, the fuel is directly injected into the cylinder, near the spark, so that the engine can run with a very lean mixture, thereby saving fuel (hence more efficient).

BTW, I think the car's air circulation goes into "Re-circulation" mode when you are in reverse, so that you don't breathe in your own exhaust.

Bochet

Ready to race!
I think it's when the car is in low-load situation, the fuel is directly injected into the cylinder, near the spark, so that the engine can run with a very lean mixture, thereby saving fuel (hence more efficient).

BTW, I think the car's air circulation goes into "Re-circulation" mode when you are in reverse, so that you don't breathe in your own exhaust.

so you're telling me the car has two sets of fuel injectors and two fuel and spark maps? and that it can seamless switch from the hp cam driven direct injection fuel injectors to normal rail mounted injectors? and it can only run on direct injection for 40 minutes at a time? right.....

it's a direct injection engine, ALWAYS. the whole FSI mode thing is a load of crap.

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
you can edit most of those settings yourself using the highline computer (comeing home lights, window operation with remote key, single door unlock, etc etc)

Wait.. Maybe I am out of the loop and if I am, fill me in. Where in the MFD can you enable Coming Home? Wait.. I may have found it, now I just need to finish work so I can go out and check the MFD.

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
so you're telling me the car has two sets of fuel injectors and two fuel and spark maps? and that it can seamless switch from the hp cam driven direct injection fuel injectors to normal rail mounted injectors? and it can only run on direct injection for 40 minutes at a time? right.....

it's a direct injection engine, ALWAYS. the whole FSI mode thing is a load of crap.

No, it doesn't have two sets of fuel injectors and all that, but the FSI mode isn't a load of crap either. Check this out for some accurate info.
http://www.audiworld.com/news/01/iaa/fsi/content.shtml :thumbsup: