GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK5 end of production 10/27/08

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
you should be calling Webster... :biggrin:

sorry that i can not spell perfectly like you can.. i was in a hurry to class.. shit.
plus if the MkV is going to be be out of production it is mostly likely to in europe first since the next platform has been out almost two years before it was released in the states

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
For Europe (which I think is the main source of confusion here) this date does make sense IMO. We'll see soon enough - that's only 2 months from today. :thumbsup:

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Car(s)
2012 Kia Optima
There may very well be a shortage of cars until fall '09, and there are rumours the Rabbit/Golf will not even come to the US, only the GTI

They arent offering 0% on 09s That would be sweet as long as it happens around the time my car comes in or at least some 2.99% action.

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
Rabbit is also made in Germany

no look on your window sticker... it should say a certain percentage made in Germany. IIRC only the gti is 100% manufactured in Germany

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^It's not, the .:R32 is, but not the GTI. IIRC both the GTI and Rabbit are the same percentage manufactured in Germany. ~70 or thereabout.

Hence why there are so many rumors of the Rabbit being discontined. A combination of the Rabbit's relatively low price, a weak dollar and it being made in Germany equals very low profit margins for VW on it.

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
Car(s)
GTI MKVI
I'm a little confused... I ordered an 09 GTI that is said to arrive here in the states around the 1st or 2nd week of Nov. But in Oct they are not making anymore 09's? Seems like the only just started building the TSI motor in the GTI recently... why stop so soon? And ddoes this mean I'm getting one of the very last MKV GTIs? Will VW dealerships in America have enough 09 inventory on their lots to last till labor day 2009?

Thanks,

Ben

What this means is that they will take orders until the end of this calendar year. By the time they're all built and delivered, it'll be late spring/early summer. If they sit on the lots for a couple of months, then it's late summer/early fall. There may be a shortage of MKV's in Sep. 2009.

BTW, What's this I hear about you getting a Subaru? Your GTI's been ordered.

ygohome

Ready to race!
What this means is that they will take orders until the end of this calendar year. By the time they're all built and delivered, it'll be late spring/early summer. If they sit on the lots for a couple of months, then it's late summer/early fall. There may be a shortage of MKV's in Sep. 2009.

BTW, What's this I hear about you getting a Subaru? Your GTI's been ordered.

Thanks for the info and no worries Tukk :thumbsup: the thoughts I had about considering the wrx have faded. Had to consider my other options though. But in the end I've decided I still like the VW better... nicer interior and cleaner lines in my opinion and its optioned just the way I want it.

Talk to you later,

Ben

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
^It's not, the .:R32 is, but not the GTI. IIRC both the GTI and Rabbit are the same percentage manufactured in Germany. ~70 or thereabout.

Hence why there are so many rumors of the Rabbit being discontined. A combination of the Rabbit's relatively low price, a weak dollar and it being made in Germany equals very low profit margins for VW on it.

uhhhh my window sticker says 100%.....

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^What year GTI? My MY07 definitely is not and I looked at multiple other MY07 and MY08 GTI's on the dealer lot and it was the exact same thing.
So unless something was changed, that is quite strange.