GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I know that you have Harman unit with MHI2 firmware, but here's how it's done on the Technisat unit, if the B2000 fault is caused by duplicated SWDL history entries:

firdavs_abc

Car(s)
2017 VW Tiguan S
hi. Just bought 2017 VW Tiguan S. Current installed software train version is MST2_US_VW_PQ_P0359T. I downloaded MST2_US_VW_P0367T_3G0919360CL file from mibsolution.one . copied the contents of the file to formatted sd card and inserted it to the sd reader. i immediately got a message saying the software update is available. but when i got to menu->system information->firmware update it looks for firmware update but doesn't find it and gives me a message that update is not found. so what should i do?
the reason i want to update it is the touchscreen is not responsive on the edges of the screen. the middle works fine. for example, i can click and enter anywhere, but i cannot click the "go back" button on the upper right of screen. or if i want to type anything the keyboard letters at the edge of the screen are not clickable. Also it says i can only use apple carplay through usb. i wonder whether the update will allow connection through bluethooth. i can still connect to the infotainment through bluetooth and can use voice commands, calls, media, but not navigation.
thanks in advance

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
hi. Just bought 2017 VW Tiguan S. Current installed software train version is MST2_US_VW_PQ_P0359T. I downloaded MST2_US_VW_P0367T_3G0919360CL file from mibsolution.one . copied the contents of the file to formatted sd card and inserted it to the sd reader. i immediately got a message saying the software update is available. but when i got to menu->system information->firmware update it looks for firmware update but doesn't find it and gives me a message that update is not found. so what should i do?
the reason i want to update it is the touchscreen is not responsive on the edges of the screen. the middle works fine. for example, i can click and enter anywhere, but i cannot click the "go back" button on the upper right of screen. or if i want to type anything the keyboard letters at the edge of the screen are not clickable. Also it says i can only use apple carplay through usb. i wonder whether the update will allow connection through bluethooth. i can still connect to the infotainment through bluetooth and can use voice commands, calls, media, but not navigation.
thanks in advance
That sounds like the touchscreen might be defective. A firmware update will unfortunately not change the CarPlay USB requirement. It requires a USB connection (though there are wireless adaptors but they still connect through USB).

As far as an update goes, make sure the unzipped update folder contents are extracted into the root directory of the SD card and that the SD card is formatted as FAT32.

Last edited:

I-A

Car(s)
MK8 Golf GTE
Would a defective touchscreen freeze the whole unit? Ours works for a few minutes both via the dials and touchscreen, but then becomes non responsive after 5 minutes. The music still plays but we have zero control on the unit.

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
For MIB2 TechniSat/Preh PQ units, the touchscreen is attached to the main unit as one package. MIB2 TechniSat/Preh ZR units have the touchscreen and main unit separate. I don't think a defective touchscreen normally freezes the entire unit, but I admittedly don't have experience with TechniSat/Preh units. If you are referring to a MK8, that uses MIB3 was has had numerous software issues which cause all kinds of erroneous behaviour.

firdavs_abc

Car(s)
2017 VW Tiguan S
thanks for the response @brentgti
i did exactly the way you explained but still it didn't work. but even if it works its still won't fix any of the issues i face so it seems like i don't need to bother with it at all.
thanks for wireless adapter advice, i will buy one and try it.

CorporateASH

Hi all,

I have a ZR Technisat unit (3Q0035876) that recently developed the reboot bug every few minutes with the Nav SD card inserted (CID unlocked). I've read that a firmware update can fix this issue, but I'm already running the newest unit-supported firmware (MST2_US_VW_ZR_P0254T). I know I can technically try to bump it to the P0367T firmware and I've prepared everything to do it, but I have some points of confusion and a couple of questions:

Is it possible to fix this issue without changing the firmware? Would the 03xx firmware even fix it?
I also have the 8" glass screen with the non-functional App button installed. Is it possible or advisable to update to the EU facelift firmware for the ZR units to enable the App button and updated menu layout? Would the hardware even support it? If so, what would be the differences between the EU and US firmware and would it be problematic? Some posts seem to suggest it's possible, but I have no idea what all that would imply.

There's been so much information it can be hard to sift through. I'd be appreciative of any help anyone can give me.

Thanks!

backcountry

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Hi all,

I have a ZR Technisat unit (3Q0035876) that recently developed the reboot bug every few minutes with the Nav SD card inserted (CID unlocked). I've read that a firmware update can fix this issue, but I'm already running the newest unit-supported firmware (MST2_US_VW_ZR_P0254T). I know I can technically try to bump it to the P0367T firmware and I've prepared everything to do it, but I have some points of confusion and a couple of questions:

Is it possible to fix this issue without changing the firmware? Would the 03xx firmware even fix it?
I also have the 8" glass screen with the non-functional App button installed. Is it possible or advisable to update to the EU facelift firmware for the ZR units to enable the App button and updated menu layout? Would the hardware even support it? If so, what would be the differences between the EU and US firmware and would it be problematic? Some posts seem to suggest it's possible, but I have no idea what all that would imply.

There's been so much information it can be hard to sift through. I'd be appreciative of any help anyone can give me.

Thanks!
Are you unable to upgrade to the Delphi unit to get the app button working?