GOLFMKV

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
"Variant conflict"
"Medium: Train is blocked (MainUnit: MHIG_EU_VW_S1538_1 )"

At the moment I have the firmware its MHIG_EU_VW_S1538_1 and after going to the MIB Help page it appeared that the latest version was
MHIG_EU_VW_K1550 (MU: 0407, details).
To update to the latest version (for MHIG), I believe you need to modify the metainfo2.txt file. Some documentation claims that you need to add a line with SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_VW_*" to the very end of the metainfo2.txt file, save the file, and then re-attempt the update. I don't have experience with MIB1 systems so I can't vouch that it will work and can't speak to any issues that may arise from updating.

Not sure what your expectations are but there won't be any significant changes from updating. You might get a few bug fixes but MIB2 is required for things like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

tensor097

Car(s)
Golf 7 R
1694705347629.png

I understand, I'm going to try it, there really is the version here but it's with P, not with S, I'll check.

tensor097

Car(s)
Golf 7 R
To update to the latest version (for MHIG), I believe you need to modify the metainfo2.txt file. Some documentation claims that you need to add a line with SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_VW_*" to the very end of the metainfo2.txt file, save the file, and then re-attempt the update. I don't have experience with MIB1 systems so I can't vouch that it will work and can't speak to any issues that may arise from updating.

Not sure what your expectations are but there won't be any significant changes from updating. You might get a few bug fixes but MIB2 is required for things like Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
But yes, my idea was to update at this point, and later buy the OBDELEVEN to install carplay.
I still can't figure out if this is MIB1 High or MIB2, because it has a big screen.

tensor097

Car(s)
Golf 7 R

Hey mate.
I tried again, this time I inserted SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_VW_S1538* in the metainfo2.txt file, but this time I got a message saying "The file with the version information cannot be read. Source unavailable."

Attachments

• 375767039_2059399951072809_1374043427849845469_n.jpg
    375767039_2059399951072809_1374043427849845469_n.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 154
  • mibmeta.PNG
    mibmeta.PNG
    34.4 KB · Views: 180

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hey mate.
I tried again, this time I inserted SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_VW_S1538* in the metainfo2.txt file, but this time I got a message saying "The file with the version information cannot be read. Source unavailable."
You would need to copy the string exactly: SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_VW_*"

The instructions imply that you just add that line to the very end of the file (versus editing the existing line). I would try undoing your changes and then adding SupportedTrains = "MHIG_EU_VW_*" as a new line at the very end of the file. If that does not work, you could try editing the existing SupportedTrains line to consist of only "MHIG_EU_VW_*"

If neither of those work, might need someone with more experience with MIB1 to chime in.

zepelin

Car(s)
VW Golf 7 R variant
Hello all,

Anyone know if i can upgrade from current setting and be able to have app connect activated?

Current version on my Golf 7 from 2016:

Train version: MST_2_EU_VW_ZR_P0253T
MU version : 0253
Part number : 3Q0035864A
Software version : H25.14.89_STD2Nav_EU

Thank you
anyone got something for me?

Thank you

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
@mr-fix, Hello MR-fix, I wanted to downgrade my firmware version, I want to return from my MHI2_ER_VWG13_K4525 which is installed to the production version MHI2_ER_VWG13_P4521. How can I do this? thanks

Luiz Henrique

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Harman MIB 2 and the Performance Monitor is functional, could you send me (post here) the Coding and adapters of the 5F Module, my MIB is unlocked with the FEC and Swaps active, however pressure, temperature do not work, I think it's in the adaptations or coding.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Harman MIB 2 and the Performance Monitor is functional, could you send me (post here) the Coding and adapters of the 5F Module, my MIB is unlocked with the FEC and Swaps active, however pressure, temperature do not work, I think it's in the adaptations or coding.
Most of the time it is Gateway/ECU that are not providing the data.