GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lumberjack's GTI

shesadub

ice ice baby

That's 18x9.5 +22 with a 225/40, full camber and a pull. It's do able, but it's gonna poke. Depending on the cost, I may get them milled down to a 30 or 35. and the fronts down to a 40 ish. Problem is, I don't know what size bolts I'll need, So I have to test fit before I go cutting stuff off.

And doing some research, it looks like it isn't safe to shave more than 3 to 5 millimeters, so I guess i'll just do a good sized phonebook pull and hope for the best haha.

its all trial and error but your gonna find yourself with a lot of error lol
and get the most stretch you can, 225 on a 9.5 is nothing your gonna have to go with at least a 215/40 thats what i got now and I'm still rubbing balls and I'm only +33.. I'm gonna switch to a 205 soon

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
this is state 18x8.5 et 18, your setup will work, yes aggressive but it can be done. i personally would get the back shaved and then redrilled, if you do it the other way around you wont be able to shave the back. max camber in the rear and 215 35 falken 512 tires. pull the fenders and you will be golden. use a heat gun and patience for the fender rolling. good luck!
http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22704

lumberjack

Ready to race!
this is state 18x8.5 et 18, your setup will work, yes aggressive but it can be done. i personally would get the back shaved and then redrilled, if you do it the other way around you wont be able to shave the back. max camber in the rear and 215 35 falken 512 tires. pull the fenders and you will be golden. use a heat gun and patience for the fender rolling. good luck!
http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22704

I'm gonna look into getting the back milled down, gotta talk to the shop. Should be getting redrilled/painted next week, if I can't get them milled down i'm not gonna worry too much, I'll have access to a fender roller, and can do a nice phonebook pull to the rear for some extra clearance.

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
I'm gonna look into getting the back milled down, gotta talk to the shop. Should be getting redrilled/painted next week, if I can't get them milled down i'm not gonna worry too much, I'll have access to a fender roller, and can do a nice phonebook pull to the rear for some extra clearance.

there we go thats the spirit make shit fit!! :thumbup:

Rabbit08

Anti Drug
Car(s)
08 Rabbit
It will work! I'm the guy that you messaged about the blue varrstoens up there!! Run the camber and go with a 215/35 or a 205/40 and you should be good. It is aggressive yes but it's not something that can't be done!

lumberjack

Ready to race!
there we go thats the spirit make shit fit!! :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:

It will work! I'm the guy that you messaged about the blue varrstoens up there!! Run the camber and go with a 215/35 or a 205/40 and you should be good. It is aggressive yes but it's not something that can't be done!

:cool:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk