Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
sounds great , just like mine :thumbup:

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yeah, sounds like mine too... just posted two mini-vids in the latest "I removed my resonator" thread.

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
something i notice when i drove in whodrafromus's gti which has a full eurojet tbe is that it sounds different than my exhuast. It sounds different between shifts obvi

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
help me understand somthin here when u say that u removed ur resonator, that meens that u basically have strait piping or what?:cool:

Yessir! I think what they did on mine was get a larger diameter piping and solder it over. They also soldered a new clamp (they usually have universal ones) since the resonator had one and put it though the rubber mount.

jwl

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeh soz, to the newbies who dont understand how to do it (like me :iono: ) could someone please explain how you do it , and if you can do it ureself ?:drool:

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
how much did removing the resonator cost you? around 50 bucks?

Can you pass inspection?

It should cost around $50 at any local muffler shop. Just tell them people have been doing it for $25, maybe they'll quote you $40. ;)

As for passing inspection I can't really tell, but the exhaust is a lot smellier now. Turn the car on inside the garage (even with the door open) and the air becomes dense after a minute, if you know what I mean.

Here's a couple pics: