GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KMD FSI Fuel Pump Kit

pearlmkv

I do not know if this is 100% true, but I believe that I have heard that APR fuel pressure asks for 130psi. And it seems to be the reason that our pumps keep failing.

Phil, thanks for the update.

xminusx

Banned
Car(s)
The Failboat.
What exactly makes the pump fail? Is it requesting too much and the pump not being able to push it to the injectors? Is there too much back pressure on the lines waiting for fuel to be injected? Would larger injectors help prevent failure?

I wonder if APR can 'turn down' their FP software to help prevent failure.

Phil?

generic83

lol wheel spin
I do not know if this is 100% true, but I believe that I have heard that APR fuel pressure asks for 130psi. And it seems to be the reason that our pumps keep failing.

Phil, thanks for the update.

the new stage 2 file requests 130BAR not psi. Thats almost 1900psi!

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
remember:
OE pumps with stock software are failing.
camlobe wear WILL lead to eventual pump failure no matter which pump is installed. now that more and more car are getting more and more mileage (including 2005.5, '06 and '07s -audi and vw) we're going to hear about more and more failures. most with some sort of "mod".

there have been some "first batch" AT pumps that have seized because of pump-piston failure (that batch was recalled).
APR and AT pumps have been involved in camlobe failures.

IMO, i don't think that software demand is an issue....it may very well be tho'...???

i'm just reminding everyone that its very easy to point fingers when pride is involved and even easier when $$$$ is involved.

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
KMD is simply stating that they do not support anyone using APR software with their pump as they don't believe it will hold up.

Sounds like they're just trying to cover their own asses.

if they built it to run at specific levels, there is no harm in TELLING the consumer that.

"hey, we built a pump for xxx usage...IF you plan on going past that, you might experience failures" use at your own risk.

if i was using a parachute rated for 200lbs...i wouldn't want to try it tandum with it, then blame the manufacturer b/c i didn't listen (bad analogy i know)

for the APR folks, they have a solution available as well.
________
Ford Zetec engine history

Last edited:
B

BLKSUNSHINE

I'm wondering how anyone feels about running the APR F/P with REVO software with the sps plus software so you can modify and make adjustments?

leviathan18

Ready to race!
ok my question is, why the apr upgrade kit is 600 the atp is like 400 and kmd is 200 (i know the exact prices are not accurate but the numbers are close)....

i can think of several scenarios but i will have to wear the anti flame suit and is in the laundry

xyouthx

slow ass car
yeah I'm for the first time bummed about having APR, I didn't mind not having as much peak power as REVO because I have a nice safe smooth linear power band, but now the all these HPFP's are coming out, and APR's FP program is the only one requesting 130 bar, it's almost enough to make a man cry.

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
yeah I'm for the first time bummed about having APR, I didn't mind not having as much peak power as REVO because I have a nice safe smooth linear power band, but now the all these HPFP's are coming out, and APR's FP program is the only one requesting 130 bar, it's almost enough to make a man cry.

x2

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Hmm, interesting thread. Not planning on getting a fuel pump right away, but yeah, I wish the local Revo dealership was more reliable/trusting.

Oh well, I haven't had any fuel cuts with the version 3, the car is plenty fast, and there's always other things to improve on, such as the clutch, brakes, tires, etc. I'm not too disappointed.

Plus, this topic is still relatively new. I'll wait it out and have others "test" them out before I purchase one.

You have to remember the reason APR's is so expensive is because you get a brand new oem pump with it, they test the everloving shit out of it, and they back it 100% to work with their Stage 2 and 3 software running 130 bar.

Autotech hasn't officially stated they CAN'T run at 130 bar...so there are your two options.

If you're not running 130 bar, save some dough with KMD. If Revo does come up with software that doesn't run at 130, you basically have those two choices.

Just remember this, no matter what, the fuel cams on these cars suck. VW knows this which is why they have a bulliten for it. No matter what pump you get you CAN experience issues.

I don't know why you guys are bummed about having APR. The software is amazing, the products are fantastic, and the upgrade path is complete. I for one am thrilled with my APR tuned vehicle with the fuel pump and downpipe, and am looking very much forward to the intercooler. My car runs sooooo smooth and linear and I'm loving every minute of it! Should I run into trouble with fueling, back to stock she goes for the TSB work. It's not really tricking the dealer, they know about the issue, I'm just making sure there is no trouble honoring that TSB.

xyouthx

slow ass car
Well that's completely true however, I dont want to/cant spend $1100 on a FP, so when a FP upgrade for $259 comes out, I'm all for it, but then to hear that it wont be a safe bet with my APR software, like I said "almost enough to make a man cry"

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Well that's completely true however, I dont want to/cant spend $1100 on a FP, so when a FP upgrade for $259 comes out, I'm all for it, but then to hear that it wont be a safe bet with my APR software, like I said "almost enough to make a man cry"

you'll be fine.
there isn't a software issue...apr or otherwise.
buy the pump...install it...be very glad you didn't jump on any "bandwagon" but instead opted for competitive parts at a REASONABLE price.

i don't care how you slice it, $1100 is too much for a fuel pump. don't you think VW (or their supplier) tests their fuel pumps?
you can get VW's pump at retail for ~$350 (that's with markup and all)....there's no excuse except greed and foolishness to charge or pay $1100.

let's stop beating each other over the head for making choices that we're personally comfortable with.
we all have our reasons for doing what we do, the way we do it...the rest of us will just have to deal with it or go home and cry in our rooms. :lol:

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
you'll be fine.

let's stop beating each other over the head for making choices that we're personally comfortable with.
we all have our reasons for doing what we do, the way we do it...the rest of us will just have to deal with it or go home and cry in our rooms. :lol:

well said sir. well said!
________
video reviews

Last edited: