GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Time -- Build up/info thread :D

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
We had a pretty big snow storm today so the install has been delayed. The car is in the shop thawing for tomorrow :D

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Depends on the area, but at my house I got about 10 inches. Yea yea, thats nothing for you Canadians :p

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I see. I was just asking because I used to live on the eastern shore of MD (Centreville) for 7 years and since we've been gone for 5 years, 3 months, they haven't really had any snow accumulation and I know our old neighbors were getting worried because of being on wells (droughts in the summer).

skateforgirl

I gots Vtak
Car(s)
05 s2000
Yea great way to end this winter right!!!
We got like a foot and a couple inches over here on LI.
They gunna bang the install out in one day?
or like a couple of days? I'd be so anxious lol

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
They are going to try to knock it out tomorrow, but may run into wednesday. Either way is good for me, but I obviously prefer it to be done faster :p

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I might go up there tomorrow to look at your car on the lift.

Hell I may even steal t3h turboz :bellyroll:

Ill be there all day :thumbsup:

And if you have a k04, you must have some form of DV relocation. Either the S3 relocation, or an aftermarket one along the lines of BSH or EJ, as there is no flange on the k04 turbo for a DV to attach to.

Speeddemon96

Go Kart Champion
Ill be there all day :thumbsup:

And if you have a k04, you must have some form of DV relocation. Either the S3 relocation, or an aftermarket one along the lines of BSH or EJ, as there is no flange on the k04 turbo for a DV to attach to.

so when you order APR's kit does it come with the DV relocation? because that pic that you have with all the part numbers was done by Arin@APR right? if you look at APR's pics on their web page of the kit it's almost the same as the one in this thread (except for listing all the part numbers)

I just want to know if there is an OEM part that we need for this as well.

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
so when you order APR's kit does it come with the DV relocation?

It does, If I am not mistaken it is the items circled in yellow in the attached picture. This is just the DV setup on an S3/ed30 car. If you are buying these parts from 1stvwparts, or somewhere similar, I would just purchase one of the BSH DV or Eurojet DV relocation kits (and get an aftermarket intake as well) instead of using the S3/ed30 kit. Unless you want true "stock" control over the DV.

Good luck!

Attachments

• DV_reloc.JPG
    DV_reloc.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,062

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
That looks like all of them to me. I didn't order the parts circled because I already have a recirc kit :thumbsup:

KDearduff

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI Fahrenheit
Staulkor, is the list on the first page the absolute, complete list of everything you had to order? This is for sure how I'll be getting a K04 and want to start ordering the parts a bit at a time and want to create a definitive list of everything I need. Great thread, by the way.