GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Since disconnecting the MAF solved your problem, I did a little research I am going to say your misfire problems are related to the Twintake, specifically the MAF section of the piping. Seems other folks have had similar problems. My advice would be to sell it, they are popular and easy to sell. I am running a CTS K04 intake and price was around 260 at the time and it has worked flawlessly. Our cars are quite similar except for intake so it would be a very safe choice. The other option is the Neuspeed which is CARB approved but I don't know if you would have the same problems as Twintake but a little research of what other DM K04 folks are using successfully should tell you if Neuspeed is a safe choice. A number of folks have had to chase down intake related problems of this nature.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Honestly, I thought it was intake related. I was already thinking of getting the truseal k04. But I've been told this is a good intake... Idk though.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Since disconnecting the MAF solved your problem, I did a little research I am going to say your misfire problems are related to the Twintake, specifically the MAF section of the piping. Seems other folks have had similar problems. My advice would be to sell it, they are popular and easy to sell. I am running a CTS K04 intake and price was around 260 at the time and it has worked flawlessly. Our cars are quite similar except for intake so it would be a very safe choice. The other option is the Neuspeed which is CARB approved but I don't know if you would have the same problems as Twintake but a little research of what other DM K04 folks are using successfully should tell you if Neuspeed is a safe choice. A number of folks have had to chase down intake related problems of this nature.

When you say CTS k04 intake what do you mean? My CTS intake worked on my k03, it's 2.75"... Is the k04 one bigger or something?

In general would you think 2.75" is too small for a k04?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
When you say CTS k04 intake what do you mean? My CTS intake worked on my k03, it's 2.75"... Is the k04 one bigger or something?

In general would you think 2.75" is too small for a k04?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- K04 version would have a reducer for the K04 which is a little larger - 2.75in

2.75 should be good even for a K04. Inlet on K04 is about 2.1 inches. I think that is about as big as it gets if you are going to retain MAF. If you are not going to retain MAF then you could do 3in. So far I have not seen a 3in intake that doesn't reduce down to 2.75 for the MAF section. Just an opinion of medium value since I only have my car as testament. New dyno numbers coming soon.

Last edited:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Well checked cam follower today, and installed eurocars stud kit. Looks good to me, had around 4k miles on it. The coating is barely showing wear. This one has only seen liquimoly and rotella t6.

Also, this one was in for the transition from stock to stg2

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yes, I had to replace vacuum pump to get rid of the major leak and I found that the gasket under PCV or block off plate in your case tends to compress over time and stop making a good seal. I have replaced mine a couple of times now but it was a minor leak but don't like any leaks and want a clean driveway.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Yes. Haven't found a replacement yet. [emoji17]
But it looks like leaks from the bottom?

Ok was just wondering and I just replaced mine. I was advised not to take off the cover were your screw is missing, that's were mine was leaking so I had to buy a new one.