GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 questions and opinions

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
As far as DV, i would recommend the AWE one if they still sell it separately.

I have an awe dv relocate, for use with the k04, but I haven't done a lot if research yet on DVs. I was thinkin either rev d or dv+. But I look into them and see what looks good... Of course all of your input is welcome too!

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
Nope but I'm pretty sure my dv is bad, and possibly wg actuator. I don't get steady/solid boost numbers (according to gauge) but I need to run logs. One pull I'll get a spike of 25 psi, next 26, next 22 etc... As well as different 'holding' pressures... After the spike drops, it steadies out at diff PSI's

Don't worry too much about that. Boost pressure is dynamic in the ECU. Varies based off of gear, ambient temps and where you begin the pull.

It will drop a fair amount of boost pressure on the top end, that's just the limit of the stock turbo.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Don't worry too much about that. Boost pressure is dynamic in the ECU. Varies based off of gear, ambient temps and where you begin the pull.

It will drop a fair amount of boost pressure on the top end, that's just the limit of the stock turbo.

I'm not overly worried, but I'm pretty sure the dv is no good, based off the crazy whistling sounds. But they've been there since stock, just now more pronounced. Idk could just be I'm crazy

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm not overly worried, but I'm pretty sure the dv is no good, based off the crazy whistling sounds. But they've been there since stock, just now more pronounced. Idk could just be I'm crazy

I think you are probably driving yourself crazy. Drive it a little more, get used to it. As long as it is making good consistent power everything is probably normal.

Car(s)
Subaru

have you looked at the dv. it takes 15mins, just the top bolt is hard to reach... and when i say, i mean not really but kinda. might be the intake :iono:

sorry, i havent been on the forums much lately, so sorry if i missed somethinh. i dnt feel like reading back what i may have missed either

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
have you looked at the dv. it takes 15mins, just the top bolt is hard to reach... and when i say, i mean not really but kinda. might be the intake :iono:

sorry, i havent been on the forums much lately, so sorry if i missed somethinh. i dnt feel like reading back what i may have missed either

I haven't checked dv yet, I was going to with an Allen key, but it just didn't feel right, so I stopped. I'll check when I go buy the proper tool for the job

I'm wondering about the intake... Was thinking of switching to the BSH k04 truseal. Can anyone chime in on this?

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Ran boost logs this morning, gonna redo them and all the others (fueling, timing, etc) this afternoon. This morning would have been perfect at 65* F. Rather than this afternoon that will prolly be around 100

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Ok so plugs/coils swapped. Pretty sure it was cylinder 2/3? That did it.

Now have red top coils and pfr7bs at .028

Last edited:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Based off the codes I think both my o2 sensors are shot. I was getting intermittent codes for the front already, hasn't had any for the rear since I put the spacer in. But we did 3 or 4 runs... And then he wanted to ride in my car lol.