GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jacking points/Axle stands

Gerry

Ready to race!
I'm not one for painting calipers but I got to say red looks awesome on your car :)

Thanks for the excellent pics.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Yes, Rob there :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Great, thanks.

Just a suggestion, but once your paint is thoroughly dry on the calipers, I'd give them a couple of coats of G|Techniq C1/C4/C5 (effectively the same product). If you don't have any of these, I can send you enough t protect your calipers, LMK.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
job and looks original. would be black for me though, did you just paint them on the car?
where would you buy the black gloss paint from, VW?

Yes bud. cleaned the calipers with brake cleaner spray, wiped them then dried with my hot air dryer / blower. Then masked up as much as I could, and on the rears removed the anti rattle clips (the long ones running top to bottom).

Then it was just a case of various size paint brushes. I just made sure that the sliding faces where the pads sit wasn't painted (as they are not on the GTI), to allow the pads to freely slide. Other than that just did one caliper, then onto the next, and by the time I'd finished the last one, the first one was dry and ready for a second coat.

You need to have some patience as it's quite tedious but hugely rewarding when finished against a clean car. Not sure Red would suit all colours, but on a white car I think they look awesome.

The only real problem I has was the bloody weather. I ended up setting up our 3m x 3m Gazebo to put the car under to prevent me getting soaked.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Great, thanks.

Just a suggestion, but once your paint is thoroughly dry on the calipers, I'd give them a couple of coats of G|Techniq C1/C4/C5 (effectively the same product). If you don't have any of these, I can send you enough t protect your calipers, LMK.

Excellent suggestion rob (why didn't I think of that :)).

Very kind of you to offer to send some, but I have plenty of C1 and C4 still left. Will probably give them to the weekend to fully harden, then give 'em a quick clean and a coat of C4.

Thanks for the idea :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Most welcome mate.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

kevinm1

Ready to race!
That's me who posted those pics. The mod is incomplete yet as I still have to find the part numbers for 2 pieces of trim. I will dig out the part numbers and post them this evening.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That's me who posted those pics. The mod is incomplete yet as I still have to find the part numbers for 2 pieces of trim. I will dig out the part numbers and post them this evening.

Hooray!:D

Thanks, as this is an OEM mod (VW fit for other countries) that I want to do.
Also have you seen an inner condenser grill which helps protect the A/C condenser from stone strike? I know that VW do one for the MK6 & have a part No. for this but haven't come across one for the MK7 yet.

kevinm1

Ready to race!
Ok here are the part numbers:
EDIT (04 Apr 2016): There was a mistake in the part numbers. Please look in my build thread for the correct pn's

These are A3 part numbers so you will probably have to order through an audi dealer.

I think I may have found the correct trim piece. I have ordered one side to try out.

One the stone guard, I can't find one for the mk7. I checked the same section that it is located in for the mk6.

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ok here are the part numbers:
Jack socket front right: 8V0 802 845 Qty: 1
Jack socket front left: 8V0 802 846 Qty: 1
Rubber piece for front: 8V0 804 631 Qty: 2
Jack point rear: 8V0 802 847 Qty: 2

These are A3 part numbers so you will probably have to order through an audi dealer.

I think I may have found the correct trim piece. I have ordered one side to try out.

One the stone guard, I can't find one for the mk7. I checked the same section that it is located in for the mk6.

Thanks for this. ;)

So basically VW don't fit these items even for other countries, & the only ones who have it are Audi on their MQB platform S3????

When I get my MK7 estate I will have to look under to see if it will have the same points as the hatch.

Let us know then you have the trim piece & what it looks like fitted. A for the stone grill, bit of a bugger if they do one for the MK6 but not the MK7.

kevinm1

Ready to race!
I don't know which countries they are fitted to but they are only listed for the A3.

vidman

Ready to race!