GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Instrument Cluster Replacement!

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Anyone change their tac and speeddo lights from blue to anything else yet?

There was that Korean company that changed the cluster colour from blue to red... it was on a thread on here.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
On my old Ford Focus, I changed the display from green to blue. It required buying a new guage face. You take apart your gauge and lay the new gauge face over it. It's wired, so you run the wires to your fuse box. It looked OEM, so I liked it. Also changed out various LED in the car (door lock, AC, windows) to match the blue gauge color. Now that I have a VW...no need to change the colors...I love it how it is.
As an example:
http://www.autoanything.com/gauges/61A2309A0A0.aspx

kevDSGbmp

Passed Driver's Ed
I took out the dsg buttons and the knobs for the ac/heat, those blubs seem kinda easy to replace, im still trying to find more info on changing the leds on the cluster

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
Thats great for a Focus, but im kind of interested in some options for my GTI :wink:

I know...I only told my story as an example of what's possible. Who's to say these companies can't make a similar product for the GTI. I can't see why not :iono:

Lucidity

Marx
How about some gauges that work correctly first....

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Dunno how the youtube guy did that, but could be done with some hall effect sensors and FETs turning on LEDs as the needle moves around...
No idea on the gearchange thingy though.