..what?..
hmmm....

Attachments

• MaytagMan.jpg
    MaytagMan.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 362

Mr Baytchos

www.thechicagogarage.org
You know....you could keep the fog light and still do something like that with the open fog vents....And i would definetly try to use something different than a dryer vent. Something more rigid and with a smooth inside. Just my .02

RSC17

R32 OG
i'd just put it all back to the way it was, throw that hose back on the dryer so you can wear clean clothes, and call it day. HOLY JESUS.

whitewabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Other than the ugliness of the ducting that can be fixed, it intrigues me on how one would think this is any better than the stock duct that goes from the air box to the intake under the hood. Both suck cold air from outside the engine bay.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
its also a kinda flawed design, the stock airbox can have the air come in straight from the front of the car w/ less travel. sooo

bryangti

Fast as F__K
Car(s)
2006 GTI
TIME OUT TIME OUT !!!! i know it looks ugly but first off it was just a concept and besides it is not even finished ! 1- there is a screen in front which will stop any bird or mouse from getting in ! (pic not included sorry !) 2- yes i know i should have used a pipe not a dryer hose but it was 2 am and that was all i had ! 3- i was planning on using a open fog vents (if the whole concept was functional ) but i dont own one at this moment ! so lets forget about the finish ! the whole idea was to get a bigger opening (compare to the stock opening under the hood) and keeping it as far as possible from engine heat !! now if you think that i dont get any MORE air or COLDER air this way then the whole concept is useless ! but if you think it does then share it with me and help me to improve it !
and just to make this lil more fun -----> i have seen 200 threads about CAI and 1 about fog lights so i guess most of us care more about performance than just a fog light ! and which one is better, a faster GTI with one fog light or slower GTI with TWO fog lights ? who is the RICER now ! my fast just wants to be faster ! that's all :)

RSC17

R32 OG
the real question is to have 2 fog lights and it look good, or have 1 fog light because you took the other one out for a dumb reason and look like a retard?

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I like how you have no filter on there.:w00t:

Thumper9

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV
concept is there....but needs more planning. you will get colder air and much more dirty air ...so expect to clean or change air filter more often. I would prob change hose, since inside its pretty rough and will prob cause turbulant air flow (not sure though, but if it does that means varying intake pressures). anyway stick with it! some will say it sucks but who knows, after many changes it may be pretty good. I would have chosen not to take out the fog light and rather opened up a hole beside it,.... but to each his own.

Trial and error is one of the best ways to learn, so regardless if its crap or not you will learn how to change it and make it work.

GL

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
You know....you could keep the fog light and still do something like that with the open fog vents....And i would definetly try to use something different than a dryer vent. Something more rigid and with a smooth inside. Just my .02

This is something I've been talking about doing when I'm not too lazy. Essentially creating a lower pipe that comes out from the opening in the drivers foglight grille (using a transition moulded using the 'blank' off the passenger grille (the flat piece that blocks the opening on the passenger side). Take the transition and run a pipe up to the engine bay . Very simple paint of what I'm talking about.

Other than the ugliness of the ducting that can be fixed, it intrigues me on how one would think this is any better than the stock duct that goes from the air box to the intake under the hood. Both suck cold air from outside the engine bay.

The stock duct also takes air from the engine bay (which is far from cold) feel on the underside of the intake. There is a big hole to suck in extra air.

The key to this system is you would keep the original postion filter and the Pipe with the ABD sticker could be removed and inserted easily for track and special weather use.