GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTIfan99 mk8 GTI 380 S review and "build" thread.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Time to go APR or 034 broooooo

J/K, I'm sure Cobb will have this worked out pretty soon.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Time to go APR or 034 broooooo

J/K, I'm sure Cobb will have this worked out pretty soon.
I've already got the AP and spent $150 to convert it to mk8, otherwise I'd do APR.

I fall for the sunk cost fallacy every time. 🤣

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
Consider Stratified. Positive experience with them.
Btw, didn't EQT make custom tunes for mk7? If so, they'll likely follow suit with mk8 right?
That is actually who I was planning to use for the custom tune. Got my youtube source wires crossed since I just saw a video about United on a dyno shootout.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
I think the stock fuel system is up for E85 on the stock turbo, so interesting that you're going MPI. I thought they did away with MPI in the mk8 in Europe. Can you use the mk7 MPI parts?

I'm keeping it to stage 1+ with an IC. Tune, TIP, intake, maybe a louder exhaust and kill the fake sound. I really don't think I need much more for what I do with the car and will likely remove the weird fogs and put an oil cooler behind one of them.
I'm wanting to go MPI (all sourced from Unitronic) to keep from blasting valves, after my first time. I'm sure the t-stat will be an issue on these cars just like every other EA888, so intake manifold will probably be off several times during my ownership.......but having the option to make more power is also appealing.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I think the stock fuel system is up for E85 on the stock turbo, so interesting that you're going MPI. I thought they did away with MPI in the mk8 in Europe. Can you use the mk7 MPI parts?

I'm keeping it to stage 1+ with an IC. Tune, TIP, intake, maybe a louder exhaust and kill the fake sound. I really don't think I need much more for what I do with the car and will likely remove the weird fogs and put an oil cooler behind one of them.
technically they did away with MPI in 2019 but the ECU still supports it. So does the Mk8 ECU. Not sure if the stock Mk8 manifold is the same or not, but I believe there's at least a few cars that have been retrofitted already.

there's a shitload of small tuners especially in europe who just don't bother advertising so everyone goes with the popular stuff here, but there's people doing all sorts of stuff on the mk8 already, we just don't hear about it since Cobb is slow as fuck since everything has to go through CARB first.

Jmitchell4873

Go Kart Champion
technically they did away with MPI in 2019 but the ECU still supports it. So does the Mk8 ECU. Not sure if the stock Mk8 manifold is the same or not, but I believe there's at least a few cars that have been retrofitted already.

there's a shitload of small tuners especially in europe who just don't bother advertising so everyone goes with the popular stuff here, but there's people doing all sorts of stuff on the mk8 already, we just don't hear about it since Cobb is slow as fuck since everything has to go through CARB first.
Intake manifold on the Mk8 has the blanks for the injectors.

Unitronic has a full kit with LPFP, rail, injectors, harness and ethanol sensor for around $1600, the tune is another $400…..once it’s ready for release. I was offered a small discount to run the beta, but wanted to run the Pmax on 91/93 for a year or so and do a valve blast when I upgrade.