GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs RSX Type-S

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but the generalized assumption that every subaru owner acts like this really irritates me. Every brand has it's owners that are but to just assume everyone that owns one is like that is rediculous. I previously owned a Subaru for 3 years and many of my close friends as well own WRX's/STi's/etc and not a single one of them carries that sort of attitude, regardless if they have work into their car or not. I'm sure there are plenty of VW owners that are ZOMG shit about their car.

Personally I've always thought higher of the VW communtiy and members of this site in avoiding the stereotypes placed on other brand owners. However the more I'm here, the more it's appearing that you all have brand-bashing elitists just like any other car brand forum.

Everyone has their preferences, and everyone carries enthusiasm about their car, but for god sakes it's a car. The person that acts like that is going to act like that regardless, whether they own a honda, subaru, vw, etc at the time. Let people drive what they wanna drive and stop hating on them because it's not the same brand car you drive.

/end rant

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
my comment was directed at any WRX/STi owner that think just cuz he drives one thinks he or the car is hot shit

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Freek said:
my comment was directed at any WRX/STi owner that think just cuz he drives one thinks he or the car is hot shit

Understood but any brand is going to have people that are of that nature. It's when people attack and entire brand/model/etc and say that EVERYONE that drives that brand/model/etc is of that attitude that I get annoyed. Just ignore em, they'll end up wrecking the car or getting their ego smashed by another car eventually. Karma's a bitch, it'll catch up to em.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
yea i know...dont get me wrong i respect WRX/STi's for what they are...but when i hear them talk like they are some sort of gods...its just like wtf?

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Freek said:

Bro, look what the fuck you're doing right now. You're acting like you're the shit and that Subaru owners are all fags. Get the fuck over yourself, damn.

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Freek said:
yea i know...dont get me wrong i respect WRX/STi's for what they are...but when i hear them talk like they are some sort of gods...its just like wtf?

Lol, you'll have that from everywhere. Some Civic or SRT-4 Owner's think they're t3h f4st3r, some Mercedes Benz think they're better then everyone else, some VW owner may even think their GTI can tear through space-time and visit the past, but in the end, it's the person in the car that's that way. They could be driving a ford festiva and they'd act the same. :wink:

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
trevor said:
Bro, look what the fuck you're doing right now. You're acting like you're the shit and that Subaru owners are all fags. Get the fuck over yourself, damn.

I was trying to avoid comments like these and just address the issue. It doesnt help to make a comment like this. I know you're trying to defend subaru, but acting like that isnt gonna help the cause :p

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
This is why i'd be a hated Mod, cause i'd be locking up topics like this way too often to avoid the <insert typical ZOMG comment here> posts

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
I'm not going to let you just act like you're a hardass and completely trash the Subaru community. Subaru owners are more tight knit than any other car brand I've encountered. We know the capabilities of our cars, we know they aren't meant for drag racing, which is why 75% of us mod our cars to perform around an auto-x course, a road course, and even rally-x courses.

What causes your extreme hate of Subaru's and their owners? I'd love to know.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
trevor said:
I'm not going to let you just act like you're a hardass and completely trash the Subaru community. Subaru owners are more tight knit than any other car brand I've encountered. We know the capabilities of our cars, we know they aren't meant for drag racing, which is why 75% of us mod our cars to perform around an auto-x course, a road course, and even rally-x courses.

What causes your extreme hate of Subaru's and their owners? I'd love to know.

im guessing u cant read very well...being one of my last posts i said i respect the cars for what they are

now the drivers are another story....90% of them are assholes...STi drivers being worse cuz they think they drive the supercar of the japanese imports...shit even my "friends" that drive scooby's are assholes...they are sorta like american muscle car owners...most of them think they are hot shit

what gets my panties in a bunch is that WRX owners come on here...talk about how cool the GTi is and talk about wanting one then talk about how much better the WRX/STi is compared to it...thats where my comment came from that got u so upset...is if u are going to come here respect the GTI for what it is dont compare it to your "supercar"

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
90% of the Subaru owners I know, the ones that come to meets, are cool as hell and don't put any cars down, especially VW's.. maybe srt-4's but thats a given.

Face it, the WRX and the GTI are COMPLETELY different cars. The WRX, mod for mod, will be quicker. That's just the way it is, get over it.