GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs RSX Type-S

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
MKVboi said:
The DC5R had 220 i think.

hrm...i think it was 230 for the R...id have to call a friend to make sure...but its somewhere in the area of 220-230

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
those damn vtecs... just get chipped and don't worry about it
(much respect to vtecs tho', no honda bashing from me)

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
If you remember, quite a few import vehicles were forced to rerate their horsepower ratings as they weren't to American standards.

waihongchang

Passed Driver's Ed
As i know, for Japanese car, the japanese measure the horsepower according to the power which deliver to the flywheel but not to the wheel, so if the K20A engine have 220 BHP, there might be some power loss when the power deliver from the flywheel to the wheel. But the european measure horsepower according to the power deliver to the wheel but not flywheel, so the GTI have 200BHP on wheel, it means GTI have 200+ BHP under Japanese measuring standard.

vdub_nutz2K6Gti

Autocross Newbie
RSX type-s are pretty quick, I never underestimate them. 2.0 N/A producing that much power...ingenious if you ask me.:respekt:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

vdubGTi

Oval Newbie
I can't believe that you got smoked by a Type-S. I have raced 2 type S's so far and smoked both of them. And I am talking about with my current mkIV 1.8t. All I have is carbonio and milltek turbo back. I hope I won't hear again that mkV is being smoked by the RSX TYPE-S(hit).

And power-wise they never were 220. The simpler RSX is 160 and the TYPE S 200hp.

baat06

Drag Racing Champion
vdubGTi said:
I can't believe that you got smoked by a Type-S. I have raced 2 type S's so far and smoked both of them. And I am talking about with my current mkIV 1.8t. All I have is carbonio and milltek turbo back. I hope I won't hear again that mkV is being smoked by the RSX TYPE-S(hit).

Uh yea, where are you guys getting the performance stats from?:confused:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
davesee said:
straight from acura.com... '06 rsx type s

Horsepower @ RPM: 201@7800

Torque @ RPM: 140@7000

the sad part of all that its all flywheel stats...so that car has like 120 lb ft torque..lmao!