GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front mount Intercooler or Water Meth?

LuisFX

So I just got my Stage 2 tune and here in Arizona it's constantly 110 degrees+, I need your opinion on which one would be better to get. My mechanic told me to buy a Golf R or RS7 Intercooler, but I'm a college student working part time and I don't $1k to drop on that.

Looking to spend around $500 on either one, so please give me some suggestions.

tedted

water meth all day!!!
get the neuspeed charge pipe, bsh throttle pipe (has meth bung), the cheapest stage 1 you find ( got mine on ebay $150 new), and either a D03 (devils own) or a .255ml (snow performance) nozzle. I have my switch set to 7psi. Use your stock washer tank since it has a built in low level and running methanol is like super windex lol.

A lot of people will say get a stage 2 with controller but honestly stock turbos spool way too fast to make use of a slow spray. Also find yourself a petrol station that sells methanol by the can (5gallon) and just make your own mixes with distilled water. Mix by volume in separate containers. I also have my meth on a toggle switch so when its low I can just turn it off and their is a very noticeable difference spraying, even with just water. Usually on any given day I can get temps down to 68*. I dont know how people on youtube are dipping into the 50s.

LuisFX

water meth all day!!!
get the neuspeed charge pipe, bsh throttle pipe (has meth bung), the cheapest stage 1 you find ( got mine on ebay $150 new), and either a D03 (devils own) or a .255ml (snow performance) nozzle. I have my switch set to 7psi. Use your stock washer tank since it has a built in low level and running methanol is like super windex lol.

A lot of people will say get a stage 2 with controller but honestly stock turbos spool way too fast to make use of a slow spray. Also find yourself a petrol station that sells methanol by the can (5gallon) and just make your own mixes with distilled water. Mix by volume in separate containers. I also have my meth on a toggle switch so when its low I can just turn it off and their is a very noticeable difference spraying, even with just water. Usually on any given day I can get temps down to 68*. I dont know how people on youtube are dipping into the 50s.

Thank you so much, a lot of useful information I got from this. But yeah I'll probably get the Stage 1 snow performance that I saw. Getting Methanol isn't an issue for me because I know a place that sells it mixed already. I really do appreciate as I am new to this kinda stuff.

Also my VW Mechanic is running Stage 2 w/ Front mount intercooler, Water meth, and I asked him about upgrading the charge pipe for mine and he said he never had an issue with his and he's had his car for a while. Usually this is a common issue with BMW but will I be ok running the Meth kit for a little while before I get a Charge pipe?

tedted

the charge pipe comes off the turbo. the stock is like 2" and opens to 2.5", the aftermarket is 2.5" the whole way. Its really about spooling the turbo faster.