GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally! Bluefin VAGCOM logs and results... (LONG post & 13 pics = 1.2Mb)

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
I'm getting sub 10's on A/F ratio. Check out the Bluefin thread for dyno graphs. Stock is about 10-11. I emailed Superchips and they said this was all cool because the car ran rich stock anyway.

Yep i got to 10.5 in the later half of the RPM range, and down to probably low 9's at redline.
Very curious that i'm much leaner, but that would also explain the higher EGTs. Haven't done any long solid heavy throttle driving to check if the heat is doing anything to the combustion cycle (like detonation) or if anything is being retarded...

Fuel wise the display says I average anywhere between 11 and 18 per trip. This is normal driving but my trips are normally about 3-4km to work and home again so I hardly get to get economy from crusing or from the engine warming up. I don't even know how accurate the reading is at such as short distance because I still seem to get 550 odd km per tank from normal city driving.

Same position here. Trips are usually <10K, even runs into the city barely make 10Km. Runs to my in-laws is about 30mins, with some short freeway type runs. Have seen it dip to low 8's when stock. Have done much driving since getting Bluefin though to compare. Maybe i'm still to early in the adaptation phase...

Also get the same tank reading like you do, although i don't normally come close to doing a full tank in a week (usually only half)...

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Also found out via short email that Bluefin do not alter any of the safety features built in to our Bosch ME9 module (neither do any of the other big chippers as mentioned in the APR thread).

I'm starting to wonder if i'm just getting a bit paranoid about it all. I can just see my turbo, cat and exhaust pipe melting like goop as i pour on the boost...

aussiegti

VW pumping thru my veins
I'm starting to wonder if i'm just getting a bit paranoid about it all. I can just see my turbo, cat and exhaust pipe melting like goop as i pour on the boost...

Yes, I'd put it down to having your very own VAGCom.

I reckon ignorance is definitely bliss and certainly when it comes to taking the car back to stealer, in the event your worries are warranted.

I think you can make better use of your VAGCom, if you can confirm whether the shift pattern on the DSG gear stick can be flipped so that shifting up means 'down' a gear and shifting down means 'up' a gear.

Would be more than happy to pay a fee for this service! :biggrin:

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Yes, I'd put it down to having your very own VAGCom.

I reckon ignorance is definitely bliss and certainly when it comes to taking the car back to stealer, in the event your worries are warranted.

I think you can make better use of your VAGCom, if you can confirm whether the shift pattern on the DSG gear stick can be flipped so that shifting up means 'down' a gear and shifting down means 'up' a gear.

Would be more than happy to pay a fee for this service! :biggrin:

Yeah definitely agree with Jeremy Clarkson on that one, that it's "arse backwards". Very non-intuitive, plus its hard to push forwards when you're being driven back in the seat by the boost :smile:

The alternative way to do it would be to change the wiring, and maybe move the + and - lights, although whether anyone ever looks at these i dunno (just imagine the service techos taking it for a drive and then shifting down instead of up.... shudder...)

mrx

Connoisseur
Car(s)
2007 CW Golf GTI 5dr
Fuel wise the display says I average anywhere between 11 and 18 per trip. This is normal driving but my trips are normally about 3-4km to work and home again so I hardly get to get economy from crusing or from the engine warming up. I don't even know how accurate the reading is at such as short distance because I still seem to get 550 odd km per tank from normal city driving.

It must just be the short trips not having long enough to work out a real average figure. If you're getting 550km out of a tank, then you're pretty much doing 10l/100km, as it has a 55l tank.

If you push the ok button when looking at the average fuel consumption figure it shows your long term average - I get a long term avergae of 10.2-10.4l/100km. It's changed bugger all since being bluefinned. It seems pretty accurate on mine, because I'm also getting 550km before needing a refuel.