GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally, a Chance to Check out the GTIs!

lmunz22

Ready to race!
So I'm out here in California for a week with my dad, so we decided to look at some cars. We first stopped at a Mazda dealership to check out the Mazdaspeed 3. It was an extremely nice car, and I was very impressed with it when I got to sit in it. The interior quality was very nice. We then stopped at Drew Ford to take a look at the Mustangs. They were also nice.

Finally, we walked over to Drew Volkswagen. They had three GTIs out front and a Fahrenheit inside. They had TR, CW, and UG (all 3-doors). The TR had PKG 1 and the DSG, while the UG (my favorite color) was fully loaded. I'm pretty sure it was something like $31,000. I convinced the sales lady to let me see the interior. I first looked at the interlagos. I found it to be extremely comfortable, and the seats were very supportive. Sitting in that driver's seat just felt right. The steering wheel was especially nice. I also sat in the back seats to see how much room they had. I suspected that everybody was exaggerating when they talked about the room back there, but there was tons of room and it was very nice. I then sat in the leather to compare it, and it looks like I'll (hopefully) be ordering the cloth. The leather was a lot less comfortable in my opinion.

So in finishing, I was impressed by the Mazda, but that was eclipsed by my adoration for the GTI.

Last edited:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Nice dude.. you cant go wrong with teh GTI. I looked at the MS3 drive it.. wastn to impressed plus they have "holy torque steer batman!" 21k for package2.. they are crazy!!!! seriously.. if ur gonna spend over 30k on a car.. get an sti. my package 1 cost me 24OTD!!!! negotiate.. talk them down.. also, wait for the end of the month to buy the car.. thats when they cut the best deals to make quota.. good luck and have fun.. i loved shopping for my car.. i always had smiles and dreamed of which car i was gonna buy.. finally my dream came true with my gti.

lmunz22

Ready to race!
Yeah, it was extremely exciting and the object of my dreams last night.

EDIT: How did I screw up the title THAT bad??

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Yeah, it was extremely exciting and the object of my dreams last night.

EDIT: How did I screw up the title THAT bad??

no sweat, i fixed it for ya.

lmk if you needed it changed to something else :thumbsup:

GTI2007mgc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 2dr UG DSG
Hey, if your going to buy your GTI here in San Diego, go to Miramar VW...I went to Drew and they wouldn't deal at all.

lmunz22

Ready to race!
Well, I definitely won't be buying for a few months, but already have a definite idea of what I want.

PKG 1, Urban Grey, DSG, 18"wheels.

I felt kinda bad when we went back today, as I knew we were just there to look, but everybody there was so nice and helpful. They had the TR with everything I wanted there, so they told us to make ourselves at hoe, unlocked the car, and went back inside with instructions to call them if we needed help. This was nice, as it allowed us to check out the entire car in peace. I love that interlagos even more.

And thanks for changing the title dpham00!

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
Very nice, you'll definitely enjoy it. I bought my GTI two months ago and I still love it to death. I test drove the Speed 3 and I'm a former Mustang GT (modified) owner, and the GTI is the most fun to drive in my opinion. The only thing I miss is the torque of the Mustang.

lmunz22

Ready to race!
We went over to Miramar VW but their customer service was non-existent. Hell, a guy came out of the Porsche dealership to tell us that the cars inside were unlocked if we wanted to see the interiors....

Anybody know what the chances are of getting a test drive with an out of state license?