GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Love the guys at AUTuning! Raz and Dave are great do do business with, and they definitely do top notch work!

Met Raz this morning, nice guy. Got the Unitronics Stage III tune installed. Car runs strong. Need to schedule dyno time to see if this fixed things. Don't notice that trans behavior is significantly different but it will take a few days of driving for it to adapt.

If the trans is still slipping when I go to the dyno I will put new clutch packs in when I do the LSD in June.

I will get to the dyno asap so hopefully I can put down some new numbers.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Met Raz this morning, nice guy. Got the Unitronics Stage III tune installed. Car runs strong. Need to schedule dyno time to see if this fixed things. Don't notice that trans behavior is significantly different but it will take a few days of driving for it to adapt.

If the trans is still slipping when I go to the dyno I will put new clutch packs in when I do the LSD in June.

I will get to the dyno asap so hopefully I can put down some new numbers.

I would also do a DSG re-adaptation if you have vagcom. I just recently went DM K04+ (thanks to the guys at AU), and I'm running no DSG software. Car pulls strong and I don't feel any clutch slipping whatsoever.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I would also do a DSG re-adaptation if you have vagcom. I just recently went DM K04+ (thanks to the guys at AU), and I'm running no DSG software. Car pulls strong and I don't feel any clutch slipping whatsoever.

The install of the new DSG software today is causing the car to go through adaptation so I think all is well so far. Car seems quick but I said that before.

I didn't have any slippage with the K04+ tune either but the current tune is a water/meth specific tune that is really dialed in nicely by Bronson. Much more advance in this tune much more like a race file and relies on significant amounts of water meth.

I have never "felt" the slippage but have just been able to measure it on the dyno. The car has always felt fast when you drive it. The slippage was present but torque was still in the 300's so it wasn't entirely letting go but it would dip when boost peaked. I fully expected to see numbers more like 340/350 given the changes in the tune.

Lets see what the dyno says.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
They do not. I asked them a few weeks ago

This is very bad, I don't know any company who provides a remote installation for DSG software with clamping force increase. I thought that unitronic can do it and they have the user cable so you can flash it by yourself but as they are not increasing the clamping force it will be useless.

Also, I was waiting for Dm new tools (like existed programmer) that I am expecting it will flash the DSG remotely!!

For the time being, I am waiting a friend of mine who is dealer for e-tuners to try their DSG stage 3 file and I hope it will be good!

Anyone tried the e-tuners DSG stage 3 file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
This is the maximum torque not the clamping force. I have Revo DSG stage 1 and its 500nm maximum torque.
The stock clamping force is 13bar, with K04 aggressive tune you may need to increase the clamping force by 0.5~1bar and with BT you may need to increase by ~2bars and maybe more depends on the maximum torque you have.
If you checked the Dm DSG page you can find a better description than what I wrote.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I found this paragraph while I was doing the researches for the DSG clamping force:

Your software probably doesnt have enough clutch pressure, from what I have logged and chatting with some of the best DSG tuners out there, not all DSG softwares are created the same...

Go out and log 4th or 5th gear WOT pull and record blocks 10, 11, 12, and 19. This will log reported tq reading, clutch 1 and 2 pressures, and 19 is dsg fluid temp. If your not seeing over 13 bar of pressure, its all software related. My car bangs gears at over 500whp with close to 14 bar of pressure on high mileage stock clutches.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I found this paragraph while I was doing the researches for the DSG clamping force:

Your software probably doesnt have enough clutch pressure, from what I have logged and chatting with some of the best DSG tuners out there, not all DSG softwares are created the same...

Go out and log 4th or 5th gear WOT pull and record blocks 10, 11, 12, and 19. This will log reported tq reading, clutch 1 and 2 pressures, and 19 is dsg fluid temp. If your not seeing over 13 bar of pressure, its all software related. My car bangs gears at over 500whp with close to 14 bar of pressure on high mileage stock clutches.

Got the diff now between - clamping force and torque setting. Looks like I am going to go with an upgraded clutch pack when I put the LSD in. This is going to be expensive but the upgraded packs use a more aggressive material and should hold much better than stock plates at normal pressures.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Ouch, DSG's cost a lot to maintain and upgrade.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Total cost including the software I just purchased will be about 4.5K. Car runs fine, I don't have to do it and the trans is probably not slipping except in very extreme conditions but if I am going to have them pull the trans to put an LSD in it would be the right time to upgrade the clutch pack. I have already sunk the money into the LSD and the software so might as well spend an extra 1800 for the upgraded clutch packs and capitalize on the effort. I won't ever sell the car and there is a good chance I am going to take it off the street in a year or so and just trailer to track for fun weekends.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
The "might as well do it while we are there" bug got me too.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Ouch, DSG's cost a lot to maintain and upgrade.

Not really? Look at the BT guys, some of them run stock clutch packs, just a tune. Tunes aren't that much, a revo stage 2 is only 700$. I think it's more to continuously upgrade a manual.

But at least your meme is on point

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Only the dankest of memes...