GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm on the same boat as you, Im gonna have to do it soon 'coz mine already past the deadline although I already paid for it just not smogged. Where did you get your plug for the W/M?

Summit sells Earl's plugs 1/8 npt

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
^^ Wow that's a lot of work just to pass an emissions test. In Wisconsin we have them every other year but it seems like all they do is scan the car and check for a check engine light. I've never seen them pop the hood or look under the car.

Yes it's a bit of work. I may be doing more than I need to but I don't want any problems.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
I know it's a bit of inconvenience for us California enthusiasts but it's not really a deal breaker as some folks imply...you gotta pay to play here I guess, no biggie.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yes it's a bit of work. I may be doing more than I need to but I don't want any problems.

Work completed. Could not remove front Oxygen Sensor - good god those are expensive had to leave the front one in. 175 bux for part - ouch.

So all work completed
42TBE --> Stock TBE
WMI --> Off - lines removed - plug TB plate with Earls 1/8NTP
CCan --> Stock PCV
Have CARB approved intake
Will rest DM tune to alternate - more like stock power

I think I am good to go, ran readiness and all looks good.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
you bought a new front oxygen sensor for your stock DP? would spraying a bit of WD40 or PB blaster help to loosen it or it's bad for the O2 sensor?

Driver Motorsport

Ready to race!
Work completed. Could not remove front Oxygen Sensor - good god those are expensive had to leave the front one in. 175 bux for part - ouch.

So all work completed
42TBE --> Stock TBE
WMI --> Off - lines removed - plug TB plate with Earls 1/8NTP
CCan --> Stock PCV
Have CARB approved intake
Will rest DM tune to alternate - more like stock power

I think I am good to go, ran readiness and all looks good.

Glad to hear it Larry :smile:

We're happy to provide emissions friendly software.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
you bought a new front oxygen sensor for your stock DP? would spraying a bit of WD40 or PB blaster help to loosen it or it's bad for the O2 sensor.
Maybe but I did want to mess up my 42DD downpipe.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
That wouldn't mess your dp up

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I officially passed California Smog Test today and may register my car for another 2 years. Now back to more fun in sun, 88F today. Desired results achieved and this is with a Driver Motorsport tune..... get one or two like I did. And K04, S3inj, APR HPFP all in place for test.

Last edited:

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
^ Electronic transfer fee $2.00. What a fucking crock of shit. :thumbdown:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
And just one more step to get things back to "fun" state.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Things are back in the "fun" state. Now am going to go for extra points. Going to step the WMI up from 325ml to 400ml and see if DM can max out the tune and pop the numbers up a bit. It would be nice to get to 340whp ish

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Things are back in the "fun" state. Now am going to go for extra points. Going to step the WMI up from 325ml to 400ml and see if DM can max out the tune and pop the numbers up a bit. It would be nice to get to 340whp ish

That'd be amazing. That's also very close to hot F23T numbers. :w00t: