GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Motorsport - from GIAC to DM - the journey begins 2/27

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So the final part of the Journey is to now get my car smogged this week. This will be interesting. This is the first year it is required. No smog check for first 5 years in California when buy a new car in California. So Monday there will be some wrenching before I go for the smog test. This will occur every 2 years, oh well, the price of fun in the sun.

42TBE --> Stock TBE
WMI --> Off - visible lines removed - plug TB plate with Earls 1/8NTP
CCan --> Stock PCV
Have CARB approved intake
Will rest DM tune to alternate - more like stock power

Should be good to go for 2 more years.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah - fuck the environment. Who cares what we leave to the next generation. *end sarcasm*

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Car(s)
Subaru
Yeah - fuck the environment. Who cares what we leave to the next generation. *end sarcasm*

Our cars don't damage the environment dude hahahaha. A single volcano will do more damage than we can do, even your lawn does damage... Better stop that from growing and plug volcanos cause they hurt the environment more than our cars will. While you're at it, start popping a pipe up a cows butt and hook it up to a bag to collect it's farts... Oh wait, other environment but jobs are already doing that cause they bought into the global warming bs

Sent from my flip phone

Car(s)
Subaru
Global warming shit pisses me off cause I hate al gore and the money he makes from tricking people into believing it. Anyways, let's not go off topic too much. Sorry for my rant

Sent from my flip phone

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Holy shit. Can't fix stupid.

Car(s)
Subaru
Holy shit. Can't fix stupid.

No, you can't. I use to be huge into politics and this type of thing, so I've read a lot about it. I'm not going to argue it on here. You want to continue to be a douche, pm me. If you want to know more, do your research a little. You might learn something.

Sent from my flip phone

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Guys you are crapping all over my vanity thread here. Haha, you guys.

For what its worth I think Calif pollution laws which led the way for the nation, pushed the automotive industry to build cleaner cars. I live in an area of California that once had some of the worst smog in the nation (really bad smog majority of days in a year) and now we rarely have any smoggy days, beautiful and clear most all of the days of the year. So while I hate the restrictions when it comes to me having fun, I love the results for my overall quality of life. Now back to my love hate relationship with Calif smog laws, where did I put that stock downpipe?

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Guys you are crapping all over my vanity thread here. Haha, you guys.

For what its worth I think Calif pollution laws which led the way for the nation, pushed the automotive industry to build cleaner cars. I live in an area of California that once had some of the worst smog in the nation (really bad smog majority of days in a year) and now we rarely have any smoggy days, beautiful and clear most all of the days of the year. So while I hate the restrictions when it comes to me having fun, I love the results for my overall quality of life. Now back to my love hate relationship with Calif smog laws, where did I put that stock downpipe?

I believe I sill have mine if you want it

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Thanks, I was just kidding. I have all my stuff lined up. How are you coming on your car?

Lol gotcha, good ordering dm tomorrow. Then it's just installing the stock injectors and flashing back to stock ! Let me know of you need any help with oem stuff going back on your car

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
There are so many big polluters ahead of cars that a few enthusiasts / rednecks with high emissions will have absolutely 0 impact on the situation at large.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Lol gotcha, good ordering dm tomorrow. Then it's just installing the stock injectors and flashing back to stock ! Let me know of you need any help with oem stuff going back on your car

Thanks for the offer, Chris is going to do it all tomorrow and a couple of other things. Fingers crossed.

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
So the final part of the Journey is to now get my car smogged this week. This will be interesting. This is the first year it is required. No smog check for first 5 years in California when buy a new car in California. So Monday there will be some wrenching before I go for the smog test. This will occur every 2 years, oh well, the price of fun in the sun.

42TBE --> Stock TBE
WMI --> Off - visible lines removed - plug TB plate with Earls 1/8NTP
CCan --> Stock PCV
Have CARB approved intake
Will rest DM tune to alternate - more like stock power

Should be good to go for 2 more years.

I'm on the same boat as you, Im gonna have to do it soon 'coz mine already past the deadline although I already paid for it just not smogged. Where did you get your plug for the W/M?

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
^^ Wow that's a lot of work just to pass an emissions test. In Wisconsin we have them every other year but it seems like all they do is scan the car and check for a check engine light. I've never seen them pop the hood or look under the car.