GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Donations Please... Help brother GTILIN...

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
We aren't slanting anyone's product or promoting anyones product.

We are simply saying APR's product did not meet our expectations.

I personally regard Dean highly. Hence the reason I have no raised a credit dispute as it is unfair for him to be burden with the cost of the product. Hence why I'm selling it.

I'm sure someone will pick it up and enjoy it.

But simply put I paid top dollar for something which ended up having some issues. I can not see how the cost of the items can justify the quality. Why do I need to buy an off the shelf product that requires me to spend my time, my money and make a loss to determine it did not meet my standards.

Its like buying a TV that doesn't have Video inputs, and you can't get a refund. How would you feel.

Also I know your happy with what APR has given you hence your strong loyality to them. I can only say there are better products out there and it might be worth investigating them.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
True YOU aren't slandering them but Tiny certainly is and you're dragged into his post by it. Who is going to want to buy your system once Tiny has called it: "some scrapmetal known as APR 3inch Turbo back exhaust, and I just thought we could all chip in a small donation for him to recoup some of his hard earned dollars, as the sale of this scrapmetal is highly unlikely."

Like i said in the for sale thread i really hope you do sell it and make some of your money back but the best thing you could do to help that would be get Tiny to delete this entire thread.

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
I've got nothing against Tiny. I'm sure he can justify his reasoning for calling it scrap metal. If anyone is interested in buying the exhaust, I'm not going to lie or say its the best exhaust etc. I'll be honest...I overpaid for it...its not worth its $2500 asking price. Maybe you should speak to Tiny and his problems with APR before judging him.

For all those who are interested.

Honest truth. APR exhaust makes a great noise, definitely makes the car go the little bit faster. Reason why I'm selling it. Doesn't meet my standards. the 100 cell catalyst doesn't make me confident enough that it is efficient enough. I'm sure it meets all regulatory standards. But maybe my standards are higher.

And thats the reason why I'm selling it. It working fine in accordance to APR's description. Got the thumps up from Dean that it definitely isn't faulty. So there ladies and gentlemen my honest opinion about the product. Nothing to hide andno money to be made.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Its not just any APR exhaust he's calling scrap metal which wouldn't really matter, it's YOUR particular APR exhaust that you're trying to sell, that he has called scrap.

I've followed Tinys post's/ rants all the way through. I don't doubt he has had his problems or that you've had yours, but his methods of resolution need some work IMHO, that just isn't how you do business. I don't think the system is worth $2.5k either to be honest and if i didn't get the whole package i wouldn't have gone for it but i wouldn't be bagging hell out of it if one of my friends was trying to sell his.

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
It all personal opinion at the end of the day. Its up to the reader to filter out whats crap and what isn't.

I've already written it off for my tax next year. End of the day it is stainless steel and our car is steel and when its not needed or wanted it becomes one thing. Thrash and scrap metal.

spelchek

oiler
Car(s)
A5 Golf
Whilst I have nothing to say about the quality of the APR GTI reflash, I did enquire to APR via email about the existance of an APR reflash for my tdi (I was told by the service manager at my dealership that APR did offer a tdi reflash).

The email I received i from Trent (quoted below) made me think twice about using them.

I took a look at the site and see why you had trouble finding the link for
your specific application. It's not there! However the GTI ECU linked here
is the same for your car
http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/ecu_upgrade_mkvgti.html We do have dealers
in Queensland.

Harding Performance is actually our master distributor in Austrailia. Both
shops are great! They are both listed below.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
On another note... my car is booked in for dyno next week at Peter Fitzgerald if you're interested in bringing yours down and we can get a proper back to back done of the APR and GIAC. PM me if you're interested, i'll be down there twice next week.

spelchek: I don't think APR have a diesel reflash, it's "Tdi" who are distributed by Harding Performance, who also distribute APR. You can find them here: http://www.hp.net.au/

spelchek

oiler
Car(s)
A5 Golf
Mat, you are right in that APR dont offer a tdi reflash - I believe that it is an Oettinger reflash for the tdi that is offered by harding performance. It was the wording of the email that made me question the attention to detail of APR. To me it reads that he is saying the gti and tdi reflash are the same - which is obviously impossible.

BLKMKV

Ready to race!
IMHO with the amount of crap that tiny has to put up with he has every right to express his feelings... altho he may seem harsh but at the end of the day this is a forum... hence people should be allowed to express their own opinions? if gtilin dont mind the exhaust been called scrap metal why should u drmat?

Lams

Ready to race!
strange

strange... you buy an exhaust system which gains performance by flowing better, it also says on the website "The APR downpipe features a high-flowing 100-cell metal high flow catalyst" and yet you're calling it scrapmetal

I heard these babies have pretty good exhausts:

and as far as I know, Tiny's car has never had anything APR on it, except on the back window :confused:

GTILIN

Banned
Car(s)
Golf GTI 3 Door BM
Lams,

So do you trust everything you read on a website thats trying to sell you a product.

What APR writes is a sales pitch, to sell a product. Why don't you buy the exhaust of me. Its a bargain compared to what it retails for.

SideFX

Black and White
Lams,

So do you trust everything you read on a website thats trying to sell you a product.

What APR writes is a sales pitch, to sell a product. Why don't you buy the exhaust of me. Its a bargain compared to what it retails for.
I think Lams works for/with Guy, well thats the impression I get anyway. :iono:

Hong: I've never met Tiny, nor have i ever talked to Guy about him or based my opinion of him/ his posts on what Guy has posted. I base my opinion on the unprofessional practice of posting huge emotive threads slandering products and making personal attacks. Thats my opinion, i don't expect him or anyone else to agree with it, i just think what he did was childish.
Maybe you may have missed this thread on OzAudi.com, a forum maintained by Guy Harding. This "unprofessional practice" was enough for me to go with another tuner. FYI, "Aussie Audi Guy" is Guy Harding and "EA2001" is Derek @ European Autotech, both representatives for APR in Australia. I have never met or spoke to Tiny before I got my car reflashed.

http://www.ozaudi.com/ozaudiforum/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11032&highlight=

As you all may know, Tiny has been away from all forum activities for a while until last night. Even when some personal attacks were made by Guy directed at him. Maybe Tiny wanted to share some love last night. I found it a little amusing, where is your sense of humour?

JungaGTi

Premier Wheel Man
Holy sht, Did i walk into a "Chipped GTI's anonymous" meeting? cos fark seems like some people have been tellin their life stories..BWAHAHAHAAH...ya'll wanna have like a group hug later, light up a campfire n talk about yo feelings? Hahahahahah....'tards

My 2c: I believe the correct answer is "WHO GIVES A SHT", it's a free country with lots of tools, all with differing opinions. LOL

But yeh I dont care wot anyone says.... I'm gonna torch Nik's shirt the nxt time he wears it... Nik, you have been warned.....

Lastly, I'd just like to say that I love everyone, we are all VW's children hahaha

anyone who disagrees, can lick my sphincter. If you are unsure where that is located please consult the picture below.

- D "Go fk yourself" J