GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dilemna...next phase ...advice appreciated

What should I do???

• Total voters

gstylez

Super Hero in Disguise
I'm torn....I need some advice please...

Here's my dilemna...I don't know what I want to do next?

A) Milltek Turbo Back exhaust DP.

OR

B) Rieger Body Kit with ABT lip

Here's what I already have on my Candy White MK5:
Eyelids, KW Coilovers Variant III, Autotech rear Sway Bar, GIAC Hammer Plus, AWE Boost Gauge, OEM Cubby, Evoms Intake, Forge Motorsport Replacement Vacuum Operated Piston Diverter Valve for VAG 2.0 FSiT, Smoked Turn Signals, Smoked Side Markers

Dilemna....Place quoted me about $2200 including install (no more than 3 hours) for Milltek and parts.

Dilemna...I'm not sure where to buy the Rieger Body Kit and ABT lip...and how much it's going to cost to paint it.

Dilemna: I can't do both yet but would like the dual exhaust...should I go body kit first?

Dilemna: I was also looking to get a CF hood but want it double sided and color matched paint...can shops paint on CF hoods?

I'm lost. Please help :)

Thanks in advance.

What would you do?

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
think performance stuff 1st than body work thats how i think of it but it varies on whats happening too like saving up for a house or something like a huge investment than save up your money.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
it all depends on personal preference what you do. if you go for a dual exhaust, def. get the body kit that supports the dual exhaust first. a shop can def. paint the cf hood.

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Is it really worth getting a CF hood and painting it over?

I mean, yeah you will lose about 15 lbs, but is that really worth $600+?

You can lose that weight by taking out your spare tire, or even just cleaning out your car lol.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
Is it really worth getting a CF hood and painting it over?

I mean, yeah you will lose about 15 lbs, but is that really worth $600+?

You can lose that weight by taking out your spare tire, or even just cleaning out your car lol.

I think he's shooting for look over performance on that one. The saved weight is just a bonus.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
I say exhaust or save it.

gstylez

Super Hero in Disguise

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
if uve got 2200 to drop on parts...get a loan for the other 4800 and go bt...jk...id do the exhaust first...

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I said take the GF on a vacation. You put it on the list, so I'm assuming she's already dropped a hint or something. You've spent a good chunk of change on the car already, might as well share the wealth.

And if you go for a CF hood, you gotta do the whole "Shifty" mod, or else, whats the point?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus