GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ConcealedCampus.com

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
or 3. we defend ourselves

Hospitals have armed guards, as do banks and things of that nature.

Schools are one of the ONLY places that has a massive amount of people, without any sort of efficient security force.

I'd honestly rather see funding from the government to help schools gain better and more efficient security guards and measures, before we allow CCW. To me that would be a much better solution, but i'm guessing that the cost of that would be way to much

Dr. Infernogh

suck my rabbit.
It's like talking to a wall with you...kid.
I got some years on ya btw.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
I'd honestly rather see funding from the government to help schools gain better and more efficient security guards and measures, before we allow CCW. To me that would be a much better solution, but i'm guessing that the cost of that would be way to much

The amount of money it may cost for added security is surely FAR less than the potential cost in lives when everyone can carry a gun and use their own (potentially completely misguided) discretion of how to defend themselves.

It may cost more money, but it's an infinitely better solution.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Who did the kid shoot?

His girlfriend, who probably just broke up with his retarded ass, and his teachers. (what student actually likes their teachers?)

Don't piss off a criminal or a mentally ill person. Don't give them a reason to harm you, and they won't.

You can't use an extreme isolated incident to base an entire arguement for gun reform.

I'm a "live and let live" kind of guy, so you'll never convince me that having a gun to potentially harm someone before they harm you is a good idea. I think it's a passive-aggressive way of asserting yourself and making yourself feel in control when, in reality, it gives you no more control over any situation.

If everyone is carrying, it will then just become a pissing contest of who's gun is bigger than the other's or who can draw quicker to gain control of the situation This isn't the wild west. :thumbdown:

He shot an RA of a dorm he didn't live in, and a girl who was in the same room I believe. He didn't have a girlfriend, and no one provoked him. No one gave him a reason to kill 32 people and injure 29 others.

And believe me, I don't carry a gun to make me feel like i'm in charge of a situation, and I'm not going to go out and look for someone to shoot. I carry in the event that one day I am forced to defend myself, then I will. But if I can get away from the situation by running or anything like that I will. Drawing a weapon is always a last resort. And people who carry are a lot more responsible than you give them credit for. Hardly anyone cares about who's caliber is bigger or what not. People purchase weapons on what feels comfortable to them, and what they can handle.

Dr. Infernogh

suck my rabbit.
Oh snap. I got burned by a detailing guy. What-ever shall i do?!

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
And people who carry are a lot more responsible than you give them credit for. Hardly anyone cares about who's caliber is bigger or what not. People purchase weapons on what feels comfortable to them, and what they can handle.

How can you even remotely ensure any of this reliably? :confused:

Who is in charge of determining someone's level of responsibility and what are their credentials? Those of us who submit our safety to their arbitrary discretion want to know.

Those of you who purchase and carry do so based on what you THINK you can handle. You have no idea how you or anyone else will actually react in a situation in which you're required to make those kinds of decisions.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
2. this is the most paranoid country ever, no one should be able to carry on schools, the only way to stop this kind of thing from happening is by increasing security, which depending on what level of school your talking about comes out of the state or the schools pocket and i couldnt see either of those happening.

as i said in my first post. thats they only logical answer but wont happen cause to do this they would have to raise taxes independently in each county for public schools and colleges would have to raise the tutions to fund additional security, everyone knows they'll never get elected with a slogan saying im going to raise taxes. and no one wants to pay colleges already rediculous tution prices already. sooo.........

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
so far no one agrees with this idea.......

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
How can you even remotely ensure any of this reliably? :confused:

Who is in charge of determining someone's level of responsibility and what are their credentials? Those of us who submit our safety to their arbitrary discretion want to know.

Those of you who purchase and carry do so based on what you THINK you can handle. You have no idea how you or anyone else will actually react in a situation in which you're required to make those kinds of decisions.

I know the maturity level of the fellow shooters in my clubs, as well as the people who shoot competitively. I know people who have been in situations where they have had to react, and did so within the law, and just enough to protect themselves in order to get away. If you'd like a couple of stories i'll share them with you, but I don't think you do.

And you are right, I don't know for sure how I'd react in that type of situation since I've never been in one personally. But I know myself, and I know I wouldn't freak out. I'm a trained EMT, Eagle Scout, Life Guard, and I know I can handle pressure and stressful times. But to insure that that I am comfortable with carrying my weapon where I go I am taking two courses. One is a practical shooting course which is more of a basic shooting for defense course, but the other is a Tactical Pistol Course I am taking with this man: http://www.frankgarciausa.com/

I am taking the course that the link at the bottom would take you to (Universal Tactical Academy). It appears to be down right now but check later and it has course descriptions.

Basically, there are 3 courses. The first Tac Pistol course is better marksmanship, shooting from distances of around 25-35 feet and lessas those are when most of the self defense shootings happen, shooting from cover, target assessment, Collateral Damage assessment, and moving and shooting.

For me, Personally, this is my way of being a responsible gun owner, and CCW carrier.