GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ConcealedCampus.com

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
I don't see how this could make it worst, this would make it better. If people knew that students could carry then guess what? People wouldn't try to shoot them anymore!

in a few cases, yes, but in many many more, what would have been a fist fight or a heated argument between two people COULD also turn into a gun fight or just a shooting.

not to make it personal but you dont really have a big campus by you, BCC yes, which im surprised you dont have more violence for what it is. but around major campuses like UCF theres random violence for no reason. a kid got shot and killed at a bar a few months ago for spilling a drink on someone. obviously this isnt what your talking about but what it relates to is the random shit that happens on 30,000+ student campuses. i would think that having more guns in an already high tenson area like a college campus is would only make things worse. there are some people who would put proper use to a CCW and theres also some who wouldnt. can we atleast agree on that?

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
The whole idea in comparison to this week's trgedy is complete garbage.

The shooter at VT had no criminal record, or anything. Yes, there were a few signs that pointed to him being a little wierd, but he was never officially diagnosed with any mental illness, so he could easily have passed the test to legally carry if it were even possible.

Were this in place, it would not have prevented this guy from carrying, and giving everyone else the ability have a gun just would have worsened the entire situation.

Sure, someone might pass a test to earn a concealed permit, and might be a model citizen otherwise, but you can never accurately predict what someone will do in the heat of the moment. Just because they're competent doesn't mean they have the metal capacity to actually diffuse a situation instead of make it worse.

Anyone could haphazardly start firing their weapon thinking they'll help the situation without any thought to the possible consequence of actually worsening the situation. A person, in self-defense, could try to shoot the suspect thinking they will diffuse the situation as a result only to introduce 1000's of other variable into the equation that could easily result in more injury or even death.

As mentioned above, you'll never stop violence by giving everyone guns just because it makes them feel like they can effectively protect themselves.

It's a bad idea.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Actually, he was diagnosed as being mentally ill. He was reported to be a danger to himself and others. It was never charged, which it should have been. If it would have been charged properly he could never have bought that weapon legally.

And yes, maybe that person would have frantically shot around and not done anything, but Maybe he would have also put two rounds into his chest ending it.

I know you won't stop violence by giving people guns, but guess what... taking them away will only make it worst.

Dr. Infernogh

suck my rabbit.
I can tell by the quote in your signature that you are the best candidate for this argument...

Edition 30 UK

Loud Noises!
I read the first post to this and thought "Either someone's set up an incredibly bad taste attempt at a joke" or "Someone's just demonstrated why you don't have to be bright to go to college these days".

Oh dear.

Guns? You should be kept away from sharp objects......

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Dr. Infernogh,

you really are just being an antagonizing person trying to upset me. I think you have no clue about what you are talking about and feel that it would just be better to go with what other people think, rather than to think for yourself. None of your statements have landed on me with any validity, or concern.

So, since I have a funny quote from a guy on this forum, that immediately renders me as an immature person not worthy of having the responsibility of carrying a weapon? Please give me something of substance to consider.

McRibb

Ready to race!
Your ideas make me vomit, I cannot wait for the day when hand guns are outlawed for sale to the public

Dr. Infernogh

suck my rabbit.
Stranded in Geytona,

Suck it.
Suck it dry.

Yours,
Ze Doctor

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
its almost a tragedy that people would use non related incedents that no one could have predicted or changed to further there redneck american campaigns "not talking about you cam" im talking about the people who have been trying to get things like this passes in congress for years, people who are equally ignorant and dumb enough to believe that guns are not only a right (which i agree with, you want one, have one) but also believe that they are needed to answer practically everything.