GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

carPC steering wheel controls

wireb

Just a noob with a welder
have you seen this???
http://store.mp3car.com/product_p/pwr-030-0001.htm

I sent an email to mp3car, their response was that IF the can bus is a resistance output, this would work.

Is the GTI canbus a resistance output??

Wrong link or just a troll?

Either way the can bus is digital. Now the output from the buttons on the clock springs are unknown at this time. But looking at the wiring diagrams I think they are digital as well. (just a SWAG at this time)

If your looking to just output the buttons to a PC or other device here is all the code:
http://www.wire2wire.org/Can_sniffer/Can_sniffer.html

thesaint

Passed Driver's Ed
im sorry i wasnt trying to be either a troll or post on the wrong link.. the topic was CARPC steering wheel control... trying to have steering wheel control control carpc functions such as volume etc. how is my link wrong??? i was seeing this as a plausible alternative.

wireb

im sorry i wasnt trying to be either a troll or post on the wrong link.. the topic was CARPC steering wheel control... trying to have steering wheel control control carpc functions such as volume etc. how is my link wrong??? i was seeing this as a plausible alternative.

When I follow the link i get a page with "Morex 60 Power Supply" not really related to the steering wheel... Maybe you pasted the wrong link?

MadMonkey

Hi

I have been reading through this thread. just wanna say Good work guys and keep it up.
How many is on for a order of new PCB `s?
I was thinking of building a rainsensor/light kit for my Touran.
wireb: this would be possible with some adoption in your pic (send can message).

Regards
MMonkey

wireb

Hi

I have been reading through this thread. just wanna say Good work guys and keep it up.
How many is on for a order of new PCB `s?
I was thinking of building a rainsensor/light kit for my Touran.
wireb: this would be possible with some adoption in your pic (send can message).

Regards
MMonkey

At one point there were 2 others looking for adapters.
If we can get at least 4 out of the 6 (minimum order) I am willing to cover the cost of the other 2 (eventually someone will want some).

So if anyone is still watching this thread and looking for one please post so I can get a new count.