GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost gauge install???

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
sublyme said:
I guess you don't really need to have a constant 12v into it since its not like it will have to retain any settings when you switch the car off.

As matter a fact, this Defi link meter can hold settings such as boost warning level, peak hold memory, and re-play function. So I understand why mkv_gti wants to know where to take constant 12v from dashboard.

Well, I do use these warning level and peak hold memory, but not re-play function. Peak hold default setting is 1.0bar, and GTI seldom go over it, so I have no problem for changing the default setting.

Anyway I will let you guys show pic where to take Ign, constant, and ground.:headbang:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Is the euro switch pretty much a plug and play thing or is there wiring needed. Also, where does the auto light sensor go and does the car have the wiring already?

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
loccusst said:
Is the euro switch pretty much a plug and play thing or is there wiring needed. Also, where does the auto light sensor go and does the car have the wiring already?

Switch unit is plug-&-play, but if you don't have auto light, there's no wire or sensor in the car. Don't know where my GTI catches the light, it could be wireless key lock sense unit has its function. :iono:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I think the sensor goes in in the grill on top of the dash.....no wires though for it in my car if that is where it goes.

mkv_gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Daigo,

thanks for the pic... Just wonder did u tap to the wire from the headlight switch or the headlight leveling switch ?

I assumed the purple/white is for constant power ?

Thanks for the info again.

cheers
Ron

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You are better off taping into the illumination. That way as you turn the dial to dim your interior lights the lighting on the gauge dims too.