GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boost gauge install???

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
That is exactly what we are gonna make. I wonder how they are securing it?

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
anyone know which o2 wire to hook up an AF gauge to??

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
im sure new south performance will have a cheap boostguage and pod kit for the car sometime in the near future. i was going to use my old vdo boost gauge on the mk5, but i need to buy a pod for it to fit

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I wopuld assume you hook it up to the first O2 sensor. If you have a DMM check for a reading that changes. The O2 sensor is a heatd O2 probably so you will have a constant, one the voltage fluctuates, and probably another one for ground. Not sure.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
yeah, im just wondering which wire is the one to hook up the gauge to on the o2.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Use a DMM (digital multi meter) and test the wires for one that the voltage varies while the car idles. Really, you need a wideband O2 sensor to get any use out of a A/F gauge.

Xasis

Passed Driver's Ed
loccusst said:
My buddy and I are thinking about just making one out of fiberglass for where the top vent is on the dash. If I do it i'll post pics.

That would be the best place in my opinion, when you drive at night try to imagine on that place one color match gauge like those 42draftdesgin ones, just sweet!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What does your boost gauge read at idle?

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
i dont like the way it looks, if it was more on the lines of something flush and cleaner looking or closer to what the audi one looks like in the pdf on that link then that would be better

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I am not sure about the looks of that. What does kPa stand for. My boost gauge is in PSI.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I installed my Cobalt and let me tell you...it is the closest thing to the stock gauges out there. I took the car for a test drive and the boost peaked at like 13-14PSI and then stayed at 10PSI. When idle it sits at about -19 to -20PSI. Does this sound right to you guys? I had heard that this car put out 9-11 PSI.