GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown something....?

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
Where's all the folks raising safety issues about going 120 on a public road? They were pretty tough on the dude that avoided getting pulled over doing 130.

Er, anyway, could something else be wrong besides the fuel pump? "Popping sound coming from the exhaust" sounds to me like backfiring, a quick way to destroy an expensive catalytic converter. You might want to worry about that a bit, unless I'm way off.

waaaaaaayyyy off. :lol:

I would never speed on public roads.

Highway..er well that is a different story. I'm guilty. :iono: That's how my fuel pump seized up! Note to self...Do not floor it while going 110+mph ever again.

Good thing the 1/4 mile is under 105mph trap! :headbang:

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
I would never speed on public roads.

Highway..er well that is a different story. I'm guilty. :iono:

There's been a bit of miscommunication. By "public road", I meant any roads that are publicly owned, whether they're city streets, rural highways, or interstate freeways. Anyway, I'm not too worried about it, but it seems odd to me that folks crucified someone in another thread for nearly the same activity, except he did it on an empty road.

But anyway, I was way off about the exhaust popping sounds? I don't know anything about turbocharged stuff, so it's pretty likely.

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
BTW Phil, if you dont mind me asking; I am pretty sure you are running the AT FP...How is it treating you? And how many miles have you put on it?

No issues on mine, Ive got about 4k miles on it.

-Phill

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi
Any wear on the cam lobe?

I havent pulled it apart to check. Im not going to stress about it, if something happens I will deal with it then. No sense in getting up in arms.

-Phill

xminusx

Banned
Car(s)
The Failboat.
Where's all the folks raising safety issues about going 120 on a public road? They were pretty tough on the dude that avoided getting pulled over doing 130.

We all know Lou is 'slow', so it was something that we felt didnt need to be brought up :lol:

But seriously, that was a joke.

Lou, did you get those pics yet?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

Er, anyway, could something else be wrong besides the fuel pump? "Popping sound coming from the exhaust" sounds to me like backfiring, a quick way to destroy an expensive catalytic converter. You might want to worry about that a bit, unless I'm way off.

ATP downpipes don't have a catalytic converter, unless you weld one in yourself.

tattooedMKV

dubber
Car(s)
07 candy white MKV
i'm wondering if auto tech is redesigning the pump just a bit so they will not have this issue and thats why they are on back order

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
ATP downpipes don't have a catalytic converter, unless you weld one in yourself.

Oh. I was way off.

How do they pass emissions inspections, or are they illegal where emissions inspections are done?