GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audiosources AS-7608

Status
Not open for further replies.

quillerpl

i have two qusetion AS-7608

do you see on your items names of radio station , or just frequency ??

with bluetooth internal MIC in my items don't work ? should i do something or connect ipod connector ??

on nokia , SoneEricsson doesn't work, my caller can'y hear my voice

any solution of this ??

thanks in advance

I can only help you with your first question. On the right preset station list only frequencies are displayed. The RDS/station name are displayed on the left panel only after choosing the station.

I am using HTC HD2 and it was paired in instant and I have already made few phone calls and they all were successful. I didn't set anything up thus I suspect that maybe the mic is broken. That's however only suspicion of unexperienced amateur. Hope other guys here will help you out.

Pozdrowienia
Jack

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Thx for the reply Mindrunner.

Is there any chance to make the OPS works? I don't know, maybe some additional drivers, or some hardware which can be connected in between the CAN bus and the unit? Anything will do :)

If there is really no way, will rear camera works if I install it? Btw how to install camera at back and connect it to the unit so that the cable is hidden.

One more thing, I was told that you have some solution to change the logo from VW to Skoda. Can you help me our with this one. Thx in advance.

Cheers
Jack

No, there is nothing you can do about it. Rear camera will work same for all cars.
The cables can be hide depending on the installer skills.
PM your email address so i can send you the skoda firmware

Biaggio

Passed Driver's Ed
To find out your GPS version go to gps menu on setup and system..there you will find if WindowsCE 5.0 or 6.0

To replace the TFT firmware chip, you must find someone with some electronic skills. He will take out the bad chip and replace it. You must find a new chip compatible with 25LV010 and program it with the firmware, then replace the bad one.I can help you with firmware file.

Hope you are safe now...

Hi everyone.
25LV010 location I found.
Zhan 25LV010 or a replacement? For example, 25L1005 or SST25VF010A-33-4I-SAE
I already found a man what to replace me but first I need to know the procedure to load the firmware into the new chip.

As this problem repeated several published procedure here?

thx

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Hi everyone.
25LV010 location I found.
Zhan 25LV010 or a replacement? For example, 25L1005 or SST25VF010A-33-4I-SAE
I already found a man what to replace me but first I need to know the procedure to load the firmware into the new chip.

As this problem repeated several published procedure here?

thx

SST25VF010 is ok . You can load the firmware by a programmer unit.

Hars

I have the dual fakra adapter with two blue fakra, however my VW has a white and a biege to connect to, does the matter? Can I connect either to either?

Thanks.

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
V4 has different hardware then V3

For those of you that asked about V4 firmware:
IS IT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH V3 UNITS. DO NOT UPDATE A V3 MODEL WITH V4 FIRMWARE!!! YOU WILL BRICK YOUR UNITS!

V4 model use different hardware: V3 use S7AUDIO MCU, V4 USE STM8 MCU.
Also GPS board has different hardware.

Don't ask me for new firmware as it will not work on units purchased before Nov20. You have a V4 only if your canbus box is external!

golf for life

Ready to race!
For those of you that asked about V4 firmware:
IS IT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH V3 UNITS. DO NOT UPDATE A V3 MODEL WITH V4 FIRMWARE!!! YOU WILL BRICK YOUR UNITS!

V4 model use different hardware: V3 use S7AUDIO MCU, V4 USE STM8 MCU.
Also GPS board has different hardware.

Don't ask me for new firmware as it will not work on units purchased before Nov20. You have a V4 only if your canbus box is external!

is there any good reason to upgrade a V3 unit to a V4 unit?(buy a new unit I mean..)
do you know what exactly will be the improvment in the canbus compatability?

there are two things that I am not such a fan right now with my V3 unit:
1. when I play mp3 files the screen on my mfa+ only shows track number and not the name of the mp3 file(hope they improved it just like I like seeing the RDS info from the radio stations). I know its stupid but it still bugs me :wink:

2. sometimes the radio menu on my mfa+ dash stops working for no reason and it goes back to the trip computer menu(for some strange reason I can still change tracks with the steering keys as if I am still in the radio menu, but it also changes the trip computer info..). when it happens the only way to get the radio menu again is only but turning the car off and taking the key out. when I turn the car on again everything is back as it should be

I ask it because I have a chance to change my unit right now and thinking if it is worth it..

I want to say again thank you Mindrunner for all the help you are giving to us all!!!!!!:thumbsup:

skunkiechris

Passed Driver's Ed
Couple questions, does anyone know if the current version shows actual song names instead of filenames? Also - do all versions still have the 'TV' button?

Thanks!

skunkiechris

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think they add MP3 ID Tag functions on this new firmware.I'll check and let you know
All version have TV button - front layout of the unit is same as before.

Thanks! It's baffling to me that the tags aren't displayed on these things.

I hate the TV button, it seems like a waste given the limited circumstances where TV actually works.... especially when people get in the car and say "Oh, TV? Cool" "No, that doesn't really work..."

li21

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! It's baffling to me that the tags aren't displayed on these things.

I hate the TV button, it seems like a waste given the limited circumstances where TV actually works.... especially when people get in the car and say "Oh, TV? Cool" "No, that doesn't really work..."

From what I've read in this thread the TV works great if you have the dual DVB-T tuner even at cruising speeds?
Well i hope anyway.. TV is 80% reason for purchase.. the other 20% is Satnave and Mp3..

skunkiechris

Passed Driver's Ed
From what I've read in this thread the TV works great if you have the dual DVB-T tuner even at cruising speeds?
Well i hope anyway.. TV is 80% reason for purchase.. the other 20% is Satnave and Mp3..

Not in the US! :wink: That's great if it's working well elsewhere though, I didn't realize that -- I thought it was pretty much a parked only thing.

Danila

Passed Driver's Ed
DVB-T works perfect here in Europe in areas where DVB-T is available of course. By the way AS provides active DVB-T antennas.

Status
Not open for further replies.