GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audiosources AS-7608

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biaggio

Passed Driver's Ed
:thumbsup:
If you start getting welcome screen hang, then must do a gps firmware update. What windows version do you have?

I know my stupid question ... How do I find out?

Painting line disappeared from the rear camera image has nothing to do with AS7608...is it generated from camera.

So it is evil camera? When the only line I - I take it :lol:

If now everything has sound but no image, then you are correct..must change the TFT firmware chip.

I know another silly question ... how to change the firmware chip TFT? :help:

If you need the files just PM your email adress and i will send it. For gps i need to know your version.

The last I know stupid question .... How do I find out? GPS on the card .... I IGO.8 but perhaps you wanted something else but?
PS:
AS-7608 I put the car out ....
Sorry but my head after a car accident is not OK...

Thanks
:bow:

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
:thumbsup: :bow:

To find out your GPS version go to gps menu on setup and system..there you will find if WindowsCE 5.0 or 6.0

To replace the TFT firmware chip, you must find someone with some electronic skills. He will take out the bad chip and replace it. You must find a new chip compatible with 25LV010 and program it with the firmware, then replace the bad one.I can help you with firmware file.

Hope you are safe now...

Mpbsr

Ready to race!
This is my first post after reading every page of this thread (about 3 hours of reading!). I am considering purchasing the AS-7608 Gold edition for my 2007 Rabbit (Canadian Model).

I have a few questions that werent covered in the pages of this thread and hopefully you might be able to answer them. I have also emailed Audiosources with some of these questions but they havent gotten back to me yet.

1.Igo8 does not have maps for Canada. Will the AS-7608 use a Garmin or TomTom map?

2.Since Canada doesnt have DVB-T, Is it possible to order the AS-7608 without DVB-T?

3. I do not have steering wheel controls so would I have to worry about the Canbus issue with the battery drain?

4. Will this unit withstand cold temperatures?

Thanks in advance for all the responses!

G

Are you saying IGO8 in general or do you mean IGO8 and not IGO8.3?

IGO8.3 does have Canadian maps

Thedavemiester

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Davemeister, did you manage to test the battery drain issue over the weekend?

cheers:)

Yep I did. Did you not get my pm?

Didn't go flat in 48 hours. I suspect that there might be some parasitic drain, but isn't going to bother me. I drive too regularly.

The pic that lily sent me (on earlier page) isn't exactly the unit I have, but I think it might be close.

GDogg

a couple more questions

Hi, Thanks for the responses. I am one step closer to purchasing the AS-7608 Gold. I have a couple more questions because I want to be absolutely sure with what I am ordering and I get way better responses from this forum than I do from Lily.

My questions:

1.Do all the AS-7608 models come with GPS? Or do I specifically ask for one with GPS?

2.What are the current bugs with the AS-7608 Gold? I have looked through the forum but its difficult to know what specific model/firmware version people are referring to.

3. How hard will this be to install in a 2007 MK5 Rabbit?

Thanks!

G

Mpbsr

Ready to race!
Hi, Thanks for the responses. I am one step closer to purchasing the AS-7608 Gold. I have a couple more questions because I want to be absolutely sure with what I am ordering and I get way better responses from this forum than I do from Lily.

My questions:

1.Do all the AS-7608 models come with GPS? Or do I specifically ask for one with GPS?

2.What are the current bugs with the AS-7608 Gold? I have looked through the forum but its difficult to know what specific model/firmware version people are referring to.

3. How hard will this be to install in a 2007 MK5 Rabbit?

Thanks!

G

I can answer #1. The AS7608 is a GPS unit, but you need to have the software on a SD card. Don't buy it from Audiosources as it might not be the latest version and will not include POI's. You can get IGO8.3 software on other sites.

Biaggio

Passed Driver's Ed
To find out your GPS version go to gps menu on setup and system..there you will find if WindowsCE 5.0 or 6.0

To replace the TFT firmware chip, you must find someone with some electronic skills. He will take out the bad chip and replace it. You must find a new chip compatible with 25LV010 and program it with the firmware, then replace the bad one.I can help you with firmware file.

Hope you are safe now...

Hi
Well, it would be to solve the screen and then GPS.
New chip compatible with 25LV010.... What a good chip you have tested?
Where is the chip located? How do I find?:iono:
What is the procedure for programming new chip?
Firmware you - it is great :happyanim:
I have to purchase a special cable?
It should produce the form or preparation?

Please patience.:clap:
Road to China is far away and expensive ... :thumbdown:
I want to understand it properly and do without errors.:bow:

Mindrunner

Ready to race!
Dear Mindrunner, any news about the new firmware ?

Yeap, it looks like new dvd firmware does not work on v3. Installed on actual model it does not work.They release a mcu firmware too, so there are some hardware changes on new version.

I risked myself, installed the new mcu firmware and bricked one unit.:mad0259:
The only recover mode was to exchange the MCU. Just new DVD firmware installed on v3 model does not work.

li21

Passed Driver's Ed
I can answer #1. The AS7608 is a GPS unit, but you need to have the software on a SD card. Don't buy it from Audiosources as it might not be the latest version and will not include POI's. You can get IGO8.3 software on other sites.

Where to buy it if not from Audiosources? (Im in Australia)

Also guys.. is there any problem with having videos/ DVB TV play while driving or does the screen go blank ?

Mpbsr

Ready to race!
Yeap, it looks like new dvd firmware does not work on v3. Installed on actual model it does not work.They release a mcu firmware too, so there are some hardware changes on new version.

The only recover mode was to exchange the MCU. Just new DVD firmware installed on v3 model does not work.

IMO another reason to leave these systems alone.

florindeck

:(

This sucks... It is possible to have a new firmware only for v3, or this is a S.F. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.