GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ASR vs. ESC Sport

SHFT

Ready to race!
ASR is traction control, the system applies brakes to a wheel when it senses traction is lost.

ESC Sport is a sport version of stability control, it disables ASR and allows the vehicle to deviate some from what the system believes is the determined trajectory before it kicks in.

ESC uses the brakes to control and maintain the trajectory of the car.

shuko

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hmm. Doesn't sound quite right.

ASR is anti-slip regulation. It cuts the throttle to prevent loss of traction on acceleration.
You are thinking XDS, which applies the brake selectively to act like a differential.

SHFT

Ready to race!
Hmm. Doesn't sound quite right.

ASR is anti-slip regulation. It cuts the throttle to prevent loss of traction on acceleration.
You are thinking XDS, which applies the brake selectively to act like a differential.

I think you're right, sorry I need coffee haha.

ESC uses the brakes though :D

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
haha...I just had mine :)

ASR = Anti-Slip Regulation: cuts power in the event of slip during acceleration usually

ESC = Electronic Stability Control: applies brakes to keep the car under control when trying to do lift-off oversteers LOL

ESC is what Tiff hated about our cars :( ED tunes disable ESC :D

SHFT

Ready to race!

ASR = Anti-Slip Regulation: cuts power in the event of slip during acceleration usually

ESC = Electronic Stability Control: applies brakes to keep the car under control when trying to do lift-off oversteers LOL

You can also use VAG-COM to enable ESC disable via the ESC button in the car :)

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion

Wait.. Eurodyne tunes allow you to fully disable ESC by holding the button??

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
You don't need a tune to do this...

Yeah i know, you can use vag com. But i don't have vag com. I just had no idea that ED tune was able to disable it. I've just never heard anything about that.

Is it done the same way by just holding the button a bit longer? Or do i have to activate the option somehow using the eurodyne flash tool?

SHFT

Ready to race!
Yeah i know, you can use vag com. But i don't have vag com. I just had no idea that ED tune was able to disable it. I've just never heard anything about that.

Is it done the same way by just holding the button a bit longer? Or do i have to activate the option somehow using the eurodyne flash tool?

I have a vag com and you are practically my neighbor lol.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I have a vag com and you are practically my neighbor lol.

Lol i know, but i have the ED tune already.. carlos says ED tunes disable ESC. So is there anything i have to do? Or can i just go in my car and hold the button and fully disable it? this is what im not sure of.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Lol i know, but i have the ED tune already.. carlos says ED tunes disable ESC. So is there anything i have to do? Or can i just go in my car and hold the button and fully disable it? this is what im not sure of.

Yep! Irish confirmed this. Try it by pressing and holding the button for 10secs. It will say the ESC has ben disabled (or something)