GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR tuned GTI needs new sparks

apollosfury

designeddwk
i also run the NGK one step colder. no issues thus far. changed them over at ~55k, and have about 20k on them

jtbizzy

GIAC Stage 2
Car(s)
2006 Stage 2 GTI DSG
so you recommend not to re-gap them?? I heard somewhere that a tuned car on stock plugs should be re-gapped at .028. Can anyone confirm this, perhaps APR or REVO ?

Bump from the dead, LOL. Never seen a reply to this question and I'm getting my plugs replaced Friday and want to know which one to re-gap too since my car is tuned. I'm installing the Denso plugs so what should I set the gap too? I believe the cashier at the auto parts store said .044 but that doesn't sound right. Any advice would be appreciate before Friday.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
0.044" is definitely way too much. Even the latest WonderPlug(tm) gapped at 0.028" will probably cause issues.

To play it safe I would stay with OEM (Bosch or NGK) spark plugs gapped at 0.028".

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
For what it's worth, I stuck with oem plugs and the car has been running smooth.

vath

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
i emailed APR about this long ago and they replied with this for stage 1 TSI:

"We could recommend using the NGK Platinum Spark plugs gapped .028
heating rating 7. Should be part number PFR7Q or PFR7B at your local
automotive shop."

I instantly noticed better performance after switching out new NGK PFR6Q (.032") to new PFR7Q (.028")