GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR tuned GTI needs new sparks

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
Guys,

I have a stage 2+ 2008 MKV GTI (FSI) coming up on 60k miles, I am going to replace the spark plugs but do not know to use stock or after market.

I have read around that most tuners tune the cars using stock plugs, so I assume using any plugs other than stock would not be a good idea?

I have an APR Downpipe, APR modified High Pressure Fuel Pump and a Stage 2+ flash.

Ideally APR can answer this question on their recommendations.

Thanks!

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Im using the NGK one step colder plugs on my car with good results and my car has similar mods

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
is there any benefits with aftermarket ones?

carbuyer

Ready to race!
why pay the extra cost for iridiums?

just get cheaper coppers, your choice of either stock heat range or one step colder (id go colder since you are in cali/your mods) and change em out semi-often.

spark plugs are easy to change on our cars

Im using the NGK one step colder plugs on my car with good results and my car has similar mods

Ditto. The code is BKR7EIX. Use with gap as set out of the box.

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Ditto. The code is BKR7EIX. Use with gap as set out of the box.

My car did feel better it seemed with these in, but that could be because my stock plugs were fouled. Definetly buying these again .

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
why pay the extra cost for iridiums?

just get cheaper coppers, your choice of either stock heat range or one step colder (id go colder since you are in cali/your mods) and change em out semi-often.

spark plugs are easy to change on our cars

excuse my ignorance on this topic, but what will be the result of going one step colder than stock?

you mentioned you had in mind my location and mods, i would like to understand how it all comes together.

thanks!

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Anyone got the part # for stock heat range copper plugs from NGK?

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
No reason to deviate from the stock plugs. What do you think, Stage 2 makes it a race car? LOL.
Dont know if that was directed to me but it makes my car run smoother, thats why.

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
No reason to deviate from the stock plugs. What do you think, Stage 2 makes it a race car? LOL.

When you increase the boost, it creates more heat in the combustion chamber. Different heat range plugs help to regulate the cylinder temps to help fight pre-ignition. There's many people on here that bitch about timing pull, so trying different plugs may help with their issue.. maybe next time do a little research before making smartass comments. :paddle:

fastgti69

M3 Eater

i would agree if he had a BT. stock plugs are good enough.