GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Trial

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
yea i think $500 for 40-45hp, and 70-80tq is gr8. considering an intake thats $250 gets u 3-5hp. which would u rather have.

Yeah, that's a bit optimistic, but it is a good deal. And 3-5hp on the intake, although theoritic, I'd have to see a dyno for sure. I have the P-flo and you really can't feel 3hp, even it is really there. But I got it for the sounds the turbo makes.:biggrin:

initialGTI

Ready to race!
$ per hp on a chip is more worth it than anything else.

AlowisiousGTI

Ready to race!
Aye.. I think im going APR simply because of what i have seen in the forums that it is the most concervative.. which it also stays withing the boundries of safe limits set by VW. I did ask my dealer, who is very cool with mods, and he said that even if the "program" is not detectable.. when they hook the vehicle up to thier diagnostic machine, which they do for "ALL" warranty work, it reads the ECU mapping.. and ANYTHING "A/F, Longterm Fuel trims" anything.. that is not within the VW Programming gets "looked into" and if it is determined that the ECU programming has been tampered with they will "Not Void" the warranty.. but "Limit" the warranty. Which he basically said they will refuse to pay for it unless you can prove that the ECU program didnt cause the problem. And that the Dealership actually has no control over it, but VWOA refuses payment to the dealership for said work. He told me that he would warranty my car regardless of the mods i make, as long as VWOA doesnt know, and with ECU chipping, thats hard to hide. Which is why i am going with APR, simply because it is within all VW set tolerances or whatever they say. Just my $.02.