GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. JetTurbo

Inner headlights on US market GTI (Bi-Xenon equipped) - function and settings

End of year maintenance list includes confirming pictures in some old posts are still valid. 15 years, still working :)
  2. JetTurbo

Forum partially broken today?

It comes and goes, but often I am only able to access the first post of a thread. the rest of the posts do not appear. :iono:
  3. JetTurbo

rear wiper runaway

The rear wiper on my GTi has developed a mind of its own, it now runs continuously at normal speed no matter what control stalk position is chosen. Prior to this occurring, for about 15 minutes it worked when it should, however it moved very, very slowly. Then it would not move at all for about...
  4. JetTurbo

JetTurbo returns

Thank you all for your kind words in the earlier post about my being locked out of the forums. I would have posted this there, but the thread is closed. Anyway, all of your efforts did achieve success, my access has been restored.
  5. JetTurbo

subscription notification email stopped working

Checked my subscriptions page, they are all still listed and notification is marked instant, but I receive no email notifications anymore. Checked my profile email address and it is still listed correctly. I am regularly receiving other email at the same address, other forum subscriptions...
  6. JetTurbo

VW oe LED license plate light fixture swap

VW now makes an LED license light fixture (aka number plate lights) that mechanically fits the same as original, uses the same plug with the same weather protection as the orignal. When I found them on ECS, the price was outrageous. VW part number 1K8 943 021 B, ECS part number ES#2179129...
  7. JetTurbo

noName LED license light fixtures

Background After about 80k miles - 2-1/2 years, my 42 draft design LED License plate light bulbs failed, by morphing to low power strobes, i.e. They started constantly flashing. :eyebulge: While the 42dd festoon bulbs lasted almost 10 times longer than the superbrightleds.com bulbs and the...
  8. JetTurbo

battery replacement time - Optima Red 35 or Deka 70?

My original equipment Varta 60 ah / 480A battery ( VW # 1J0 915 105 AC ) began failing to hold charge 124,000 miles / 45 months after car was purchased new. For replacement, I am now debating between an Optima Red 35 or a Deka 70 - 9AGM48 - AGM Battery. Anyone have any installed or comparison...
  9. JetTurbo

2.0t owners - engine stock or upgraded?

FSI or TSI I am curious as to what percentage of regular posters here are running stock, etc. Meant to write chipped, stage 2 and more ... for that choice. I hope anyone beyond stage 2 is using the stage 2 choice, sorry for the confusion :wink:
  10. JetTurbo

Golf storage tray (below rear compartment parcel shelf)

I believe I have seen this VW accessory called a transboard too. Looked useful, but at aprox $180 was too much of a risk for something I was not sure I would like it. Now, ECS has the Golf / Rabbit Storage Tray on close-out for $28 + shipping, so I could not resist, as the risk is so small...
  11. JetTurbo

drivers door card removal - replacing central lock button

I was preparing an answer for another thread and ended up throwing together a drivers door card removal DIY from pics I had taken six months ago. Decided it needed its own thread instead of burying the response in a thread about a switch. :smile: reference: central locking button ---- To...
  12. JetTurbo

plug and play LEDs for city lights and license lights

I discovered the Blesk / Maxlux LEDs when some VW owners in Europe posted about them - Brex buddy got them for me. Use two of these in the license lights - total $26 shipped in US - Plug and play - no resistor needed - simple bulb swap ... The packaging is labeled Blesk, the bulb is labeled...
  13. JetTurbo

fuel line connection to hpfp - question

Swapping the high pressure fuel pump this morning, bought a new pump ( 06F-127-025-J ) and cam follower before tearing the car down. Got the old pump out ok. Compared it to the new one - the pain in the a** triple square banjo bolt fitting is not the same.:mad: new pump on left - original...
  14. JetTurbo

Second anniversary

Purchased the GTI new (102 miles) 21-Feb-2007, today is its second anniversary. I drive too much ... 2.0T FSI (BPY) consumes more oil than any car I have owned. Timing belt time. Brake fluid replacement time. Coolant replacement time. Will swap the rear pads (original) as a precaution as...
  15. JetTurbo

Inner headlights on US market GTI (Bi-Xenon equipped) - function and settings

related topics - inner headlights with high-beam, DRL disable, Fog lights as DRL, Euro instrument cluster setting Instruments = EU - euro headlight switch - DRL via Fog Lights - all bulbs original —— hit refresh to re-run animation The Flash To Pass (FTP) inner halogen lights exist for...
  16. JetTurbo

adding a 5A power circuit to Fuse Box C

adding a 5A power circuit to Fuse Box C (using vacant slot, not add a fuse) I recently added a couple of 5A power circuits to the fuse box on the left side of the dash. Thought I would pass along what I learned. ---- Pop off the fuse panel cover on the left side of the dash board using a trim...
  17. JetTurbo

Passat 16" wheels on GTI?

Hi, Newbie to this forum. The screen name refers to my introduction to Volkswagen, my first VW is/was a Jetta 1.8t. Will be trading the Jetta this week, I am preparing to pick up a new '06 GTI that has the 18" Huffs w/summer tires. As it is below freezing temps and snowing still, I intend to...