GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. tweak666

Before I put it up for sale...

...I thought I would get some feedback on this part of the forum. Afterall this is where the true gear head dwells, and I don't like leaving my comfort zone. So don't blast me for posting here first. Thinking about putting up my MKV for sale. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about the...
  2. tweak666

Stage II APR vs. BMW 750

0-45mph: cake 46-65: even 66+ : fml.
  3. tweak666

FS: BSH Race VTA Catch Can (FSI)

One part that I DON'T have:: -BSH intake manifold plug. To be honest I used a $1.99 plug from ACE hardware for over a year, and it worked just fine. Just make sure to tighten it when the engine is hot. Domestic- $170 shipped OBO
  4. tweak666

Cam Follower 120K Warranty Extension = Confirmed

1. See attached photo. 2. Call VWoA or your stealership 3. Show proof 4. Get brand new CF 5. Get reimbursed for damaged CFs, HPFPs Hope this helps.
  5. tweak666

80k Maintenance, Logs

Hi all- I thought I'd share some numbers to show how my 2005.5 is holding up. I spent a few hours today on 80k maintenance and overall the car feels great. I thought the fuel cuts were gone, but the logs show otherwise. Also there's a good amount of timing pull. I'd appreciate your input on...
  6. tweak666

Turbo Backspin?

Does turbo backspin sound like 'choo choo choo' when you let off the throttle? Happened today for the first time when I had to slam on my brakes as I was about to shift to 2nd. I'm just wondering if that's what backspin sounds like. It sounded badass like the GT2-RS from Forza :) But I'm not...
  7. tweak666

BSH VTA impressions

I can't believe the Catch Can Bull thread is still going on! :thumbdown: I have the older BSH VTA which came with a metal canister vent filter with steel wool inside. I put it on @ 68,000 miles, and now I am at 77,000 miles. My impressions: -If you can't handle the smoke/smell, don't bother...
  8. tweak666

YOU & YOUR fuelCUT!

Hey, it beats that other thread.
  9. tweak666

EVOMS heat shield or bad engine mounts?

I'm actually talking about the two plastic pieces that slide onto the top part of the h/s (covering gap between h/s and firewall). Facing the car, the one on the right had fallen off, and the left made its way all the way to the center. I put them back, and after 1 day, they are already...
  10. tweak666

Revision A FAIL?

I've read pretty much every single post related to the Revision A intake cam, follower, HPFP, etc. on this forum. I also found identical posts on Audi forums related to the same issue: Under hard acceleration, usually past 80mph, car goes into what feels like limp mode. RPM will stay steady at...
  11. tweak666

Big Bear / Crestline Road Conditions?

For those of you who live around LA-- I'm heading to Crestline tomorrow. Any idea what the road conditions are like? Not sure how much snow to expect on the 18 and the 138 and whether I should just rent a beater and leave the GTI home? I have Potenza RE760's in the front and RE960AS in the...
  12. tweak666

Force a recall!

http://jalopnik.com/5673591/how-fans-forced-bmw-to-fix-this-faulty-fuel-pump Man that makes me feel like a second-class citizen...
  13. tweak666

Fuel pump relay J17

Anyone know what the part # is? I 'm halfway between LA and SF and getting fuel cuts. Here's the vagcom screen:
  14. tweak666

PCV - EJ Fix vs. OEM Version E

I have the EuroJet PCV fix on my car. I recently saw that ECS started carrying the OEM version E valve and the pipe. Does anyone know how version E compares to the EJ fix? Is it best to skip all this & install a Forge or EJ catch tank? Can I still use the EJ pipe with the catch tank setup...
  15. tweak666

MKV APR Stage 1 vs. Honda S2000 (mods=?)

Pretty sure he was modded because he was loud as sh1t and I thought I heard a turbo?? I didn't know those cars had turbos... Anyway, it was almost keeping up with me. Yeah, almost... I was playing around in 3rd gear (i'd throw him a bone once in a while, and then give it 3/4 throttle to get 1-2...
  16. tweak666

Still getting fuel cuts!!

I replaced the cam follower on Friday. Its surface didn't look all that bad, and there was no damage to the HPFP piston or camshaft lobe. Got another fuel cut on Saturday. MIL came on with the famous: 008851 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276): Mechanical Malfunction P2293 - 002 - Lower...
  17. tweak666

APR Stage 2+ w/o downpipe?

I've been doing some reading on the APR downpipe. It seems that the fitting on the engine is 2.5", on the APR it is 3, and back to 2.5" at the exhaust, which doesn't seem all that efficient to me unless you go with a full exhaust system. I'm at Stage 1 with an EVOMS V-FLOW, eurojet pcv and...
  18. tweak666

Won't start after fuel filter replacement

Just replaced it with OEM fuel filter. Same #. Keep cranking but car will no start. All connections are locked on and there are no leaks. Any ideas???
  19. tweak666

Fault Codes After APR Stage 1

Hey guys, I just got APR Stage 1 installed on Friday and drove pretty aggressive for about 200 miles over the weekend. On the freeway I noticed that the transmission would ‘disengage’ for about 10 seconds or so, between 80-100mph. The RPM would stay constant but no response from the car...