GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV APR Stage 1 vs. Honda S2000 (mods=?)

tweak666

When this baby hits 88...
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
Pretty sure he was modded because he was loud as sh1t and I thought I heard a turbo?? I didn't know those cars had turbos... Anyway, it was almost keeping up with me. Yeah, almost... I was playing around in 3rd gear (i'd throw him a bone once in a while, and then give it 3/4 throttle to get 1-2 seconds ahead. 3/4 throttle and not full because I still get the fuel cut! APR thinks I either need (a) ECU upgrade from the dealership, or (b) new in-tank fuel pump.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Trust me if he had a turbo your ass would have been VERY well mowed grass.

Also if your car isn't running right and you hit cuts at full throttle with only Stage 1 i'd wager that the driver of the s2k sucks elephant testicles.

But nice kill.

g2.0ti

Ready to race!
oh and ill go ahead and start it

teamx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 MKV GTi (DSG)

tweak666

When this baby hits 88...
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
Hahah I'm still getting used to the sound of the EVOMS so sometimes it's like, 'hey did that sound come out of my car or yours??'

I've already replaced the follower and the old one was in pretty good shape & no visible damage to the intake cam.

I've replaced pretty much everything around the fuel pump (except for the pump itself) like the low pressure sensor and fuel filter, but I still get the cut once in a while. It didn't happen when I was going up against the S2000. That would have been embarrassing.

I've been logging the crap out of the car, and although it is clean for the most part (I get up to 16psi boost on a good day) APR thinks it's either one of the two things I mentioned earlier. I'm going to take a look @ the in-tank pump to see if I have an early version (apparently covered under TSB#01-08-06), and also get the dealership to install the the O3 recall (or tsb, can't remember)

I love how this crap starts to happen as soon as the warranty expires.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
16 PSI? something is very wrong with your car can. Truth be told i was having the same fuel cuts and limp mode issue at stage 1 that you are. I also was running an evoms intake. I havn't had single cut since having my fuel pump rebuilt by apr and going stage2+. I also got rid of my evoms b/c it fucking warped.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Fuel cuts suck, I love being able to mash the gas and go. Nice kill...

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Too soon junior!